Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week. 

If anyone wants to play Wordle more than once a day, you can play for free HERE at Wordle Unlimited. I've been playing on this site and haven't had any trouble. It was recommended by Forbes Magazine (a reputable website).

• Thank you, Heather. So kind of you to share your recipe - I'll give it a go. Our supermarket often sells offcuts of smoked salmon at reduced price, so that would be ideal.

(Edit - I hate chicken liver pate etc and only enjoy salmon or mackerel)

A dull day here, but dry, and I'm proudly managing not to put the heating on as its pretty warm for February. I'm wearing some layers I bought especially for such days in winter, so that the heating bill doesn't arrive as too much of a shock!

Sorry to hear that Bamber Gascoigne has died - we used to love University Challenge in the old days but don't seem to bother now.

• A sunny and warmer day today (cold night forecast); J really enjoyed his walk.

ANNETTE – how sweet that MsD phoned for a chat when she was at home last Friday! J will expect to get phone calls to work at short notice – hopefully end of previous day but could be breakfast time calls. I hope Grandson will not regret letting V go; they all seem to live such complicated lives these days. Glad you are still enjoying all the flowers.

LINDA – how cute – you were a lot like Rosie!

LYNETTE – good to see a post from you. Life will be strange for you and your Daughter for quite a while, but pleased you felt the send-off went well.

AQ – I’m sure you didn’t expect to be signed up for home-schooling when you first started nanny duties! No wonder you slept.

I seem to be improving at getting up in the morning, which also gives OH more time to get things done. He cleaned the wet room this morning – and admitted it was a long time since he did it! J is doing the lounge this afternoon – we shall miss his cleaning days when work starts.
  • LINDY - if you want it, I'll send you the exact recipe
    It's been a bad afternoon here. My middle daughter's neighbour has sent a three page POEM, putting her side of things regarding their dispute. Daughter and granddaughter Amy in tears. I don't know what to do except advise them to move house ASAP.
  • HEATHER So very sorry to hear this. What a nightmare for them.
  • Oh dear: what a difficult situation. Sorry to hear it, Heather. Can't suggest anything....
  • AQ - what a day you had - hope you aren't overdoing it though..

Dibnlib - what an anecdote to tell people about meeting the Queen. She always comes over as a very gracious, informative and diplomatic person. I'm so pleased she has said that Camilla can be Queen Consort. I think people forget that she was really Charles's first love and that he was rather pushed into the marriage with Diane.
  • I remember making chicken liver pate on a similar recipe to the smoked salmon one and it was delicious. Got out of the habit of doing anything like that .

HeatherB - that seems rather cruel of the neighbour - whatever the dispute - its a pity they can't be civil and talk things through. Maybe its gone beyond that?? As you say - move house ASAP. Hope the situation resolves itself.

Dau and I are hoping to go to North Wales in the Summer Holidays for a few days. OH and I had our first holiday together in Llandudno the year before we got married and I've always wanted to go back there and also visit Abergele where I had many a family holiday with my own family as a youngster.
  • Evening all:

AQ:  Another busy day with trio for you.  They and your daughter are SO LUCKY to have you.  And then home to needy OH.....  It's a woman's life.

Heather: I put on 5lbs just reading about the melted butter and single cream for that yummy pate.  What!? A three page poem giving her side of things?  I'd say that's indicative of a rather strange person.....  Also doesn't sound like it was a nice 'poem.'   Who needs this kind of aggravation!  I'm so so sorry for your daughter and Amy.  What are their options for finding another place to live?  God, it never ends does it?

Lindybird:  Bamber Gascoigne?  Now there's a name.  So Gascoigne is an old French name -  OK, that  makes sense.   But Bamber?  The only thing I can find is that it was a 'habitational' name from Bamber in Lancashire (or maybe something to do with Old English tree trunk) or maybe a German nickname for a short fat person, which he wasn't!    Go figure.   Congrats on staying warm with extra woolies.

OG;  Apropos of letting people go, I got a text from granddaughter's ex-before-last-ex (who can keep track!!) wishing me Happy Birthday and saying how much he missed us.  He moved to Texas last year to work and be near his father, but turns out he'll be visiting his Mom in Arizona this weekend - and will be visiting granddaughter on Valentine's Day!   Glad the mornings are getting easier for you.

dibnlib:  I waved to the Queen as she drove past our school when I was about....8?  Poor woman; all those people she's had to wave to over her lifetime

Lynette:  I was in Llandudno when I was about 12 or 13.  Smart of you to plan a summer trip - something to look forward to - and nice that you'll get a chance to revisit happy memories....

Had nice lunch out with friend, but oh dear, now OH is wondering about dinner.  I have leftovers from grandson's BBQ extravaganza....better get moving...

Take care everyone.

• OG – There have been a lot of things I did not expect when I offered nanny duty!!! But it is so worthwhile when a twin spontaneously offers a hug or Miss10 looks at me as if I am the greatest. Will you mobility improve when the warmer weather arrives?

LYNETTE – A holiday to look forward to. A wonderful plan.

I’m tired & cranky today. I didn’t sleep well. Food shopping – checkout lad asked what wonderful things I had planned for the day (as if he cared!). Friend phoned just as I sat down to lunch with my lazy shop pizza. Later woken from nanny nap by charity collectors banging on front door – I don’t donate to all & sundry, only to select few.