Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week. 

If anyone wants to play Wordle more than once a day, you can play for free HERE at Wordle Unlimited. I've been playing on this site and haven't had any trouble. It was recommended by Forbes Magazine (a reputable website).

• Thank you Diane! I just looked at Wordle and have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.....  Update: Just watched a sample game on YouTube, tried my first game on Diane's link and got the word in the fourth row.  

• Wishing everyone a good week.

Diane, Your project must be going well if you are doing Wordle now, and I agree that you must be recovered to have helped your neighbour drag huge bags of sand around. Hope you actually feel well, too (as well as being 'officially' recovered).
    Mr GB told me about Wordle and he enjoys doing it. He comes from a long line of folks addicted to word puzzles.  Sounds fun and I might give it a go at some point, but am spending far too much time already reading threads here and following far too many nest sites--Ospreys, Peregrines, Owls, etc., and the UK Ospreys are not even back yet. Not sure how I will ever find time to follow as many UK Osprey nests as I would like to, and my sleep might suffer if I took up yet another addictive hobby!

Kind regards, Ann

• Annette: That's a very good Wordle result! Well done! HERE is the link to the original Wordle. But:

(1) You can only play once a day at the original site. 

(2) The New York Times just bought the game, so folks fear that they will put it behind a pay wall in the near future. 

That's why I posted that additional link on here this evening. 

Gardenbirder: Thank you for your kind caring when I was sick. I appreciate it so much. I actually do feel better, but I'll be relieved when this freelance project is over. I'm going to sleep for a couple of days. You're right that Wordle is potentially addictive! You definitely need to save room in your days for following the ospreys and other birds. I've been using Wordle to quell some of my anxiety when it builds up over this job. It's too cold and snowy to walk outdoors and get rid of tension right now. So a quick word game distracts me. LOL!

CC: I enjoyed seeing the photo you took of your snow mound! I hope your back will be okay. That digging out is really physically hard! My local newspaper confirmed that my area received 12 inches (30.48 centimeters) of snow. It looks like you got more! Be careful!

• DIANE – Thank you for starting us. I’m glad you are feeling better, have replenished larder and project going well. Please send more cold – we are “warming” up again. 32 C today.

While north of our state still cut off by floods, SW of West Aussieland is enduring bushfires. Homes lost, evacuations including  a hospital.

When stopped at traffic lights, I try to make words out of the 3 letters on our 6 or 7 digit car number plates. If necessary,  I allow myself one vowel extra. Eg, VWO becomes vow. SPM becomes spam or maps or mops.

• Just a thought

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. (Carlos Castaneda)

• AQ: That Castaneda quote is one of my favorites. Sending you cold now!
  • DIANE - Thank you. It will arrive Tuesday. (Forecast is 34 Monday, 25 Tues, rising again to 36 next weekend.).

• Good Morning. Thank you to Diane for starting us off again.
    Rain pretty much all night, here, and it's still raining now - where does it all come from?
    A touching announcement from our Queen who apparently wants to make it clear what she thinks should happen once she has gone - my OH disapproves of Camilla as he remembers the sadness and upset of poor Diana's time as Charles's wife. However, I think we have to go with the reality of the fact that Charles will not be breaking any records, as he will only have a short time on the throne, himself- he has always said that Camilla is very important to him and so will no doubt be very pleased that the Queen has made a public statement.
  • DIANE Thank you for stating the week.

OG Sorry you have been in a lot of pain again. OH is doing nicely, thank you.

LINDY I for one am very pleased that HM has made clear her wishes for Camilla who I think has worked wonders for Charles. I got a bit emotional yesterday thinking of a day when we wake up and HM is no longer with us. OH and I were both born after the coronation and I cannot imagine her not being there as our monarch.
  • Morning all:   Well Charles marriage to Diane was a complete tragedy for the two of them - and for their boys. Camilla always was much more his type. And the Queen is probably eternally grateful that C&C have acted like grownups and spent their time focusing on environmental concerns and domestic violence, unlike you-know-who.  

AQ;  I tend to disagree with Castenada on that one.  I think it's easier to give in to misery and much harder to be strong. But what do I know?   Meanwhile, our license plates are often abbreviated versions of actual words and I like to guess the missing letters when I come up behind one in traffic.  Sorry that your state is experiencing such extremes; hope Diane's blast of cold air will help.

Diane; Sounds like that freelance project has gone on for more than two weeks..... Really glad you're doing better.

dibnlib:  I remember the street parties that were held for the Queen's coronation and how we all gathered round to watch it on someone's TV (not having one of our own at that time).

Grandson is coming down to BBQ for us today, which means either a late lunch or a very early dinner.