• Thank you, Alan. It's been quite a momentous season for him. Let's hope he has a peaceful winter break and we hear of him returning next year.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• I agree SHEILA I was so happy to read that he has a nest and mate at long last All the luck in the world to him and I hopehe returns for many more seasons
  • River Gwash end of season roundup
    "River Gwash Ospreys
    ·
    With our hide closed until next April, we would like to thank each and every one of you for visiting this year. 2022 saw a total of 10 different Ospreys fish with us including 30, T7,059,11,093, T4,2AM,2AF,055 and an unringed bird. A pattern soon developed which saw key birds such as T7 and 30 taking dominance, both successfully rearing young. Out of the near 250 sessions ran this year we only saw a total of 9 blank sessions, which I’m sure most of you will agree, when you’re dealing with wildlife, is phenomenal!
    Kingfishers, Red Kites, Buzzards, Egrets, Foxes, Herons, Kestrels and Sparrowhawks all provided photographers with some great opportunities and some of the images this year have been simply jaw dropping!
    We have taken the decision to open for bookings for next year a little earlier and are delighted to announce that date will be on Tuesday 20th September
    Please email lawrenceball66@yahoo.com to book a place in our hide for 2023
    Prices have remained the same for the past 4 years but there will be a slight increase of £7 to £87 per person
    We thank you for your continued support and look forward to welcoming you next season"
  • I would love to see some of the photos of ospreys and other wildlife!
  • patily said:
    I would love to see some of the photos of ospreys and other wildlife!

Hi Patily - lovely to see you!

If you can access Facebook you can scroll thru (to the right) and see the season's photos in reverse date order... I hope !!!

• Blue 4K is home in his favourite tree in his winter quarters at the Pongo River estuary in Guinea! Just in from Tim Mackrill with permission to share, photo credits Leics and Rutland Wildlife Trust

Red track is 2022 journey, white is last year.

• More from Tim Mackrill on 4K's migration:

The migration took a total of 26 days between 9th September and 4th October. He spent 16 of those days actually migrating and the other 10 at his stop-over site at Baie des Veys in Northern France. The total distance of his migration was 5280km (3280 miles).

In comparison, last year, when 4K didn’t breed, he departed on 31st August and arrived in Guinea on 23rd September. That journey consisted of 24 days, of which 20 were travelling days and 4 days on stop-over at Baie des Veys.

• So amazing he followed almost the same route .
    Would love to see it on Google earth itself btw.. e.g to see how straight the path was
  • Good news about 4K. Hope his tracker survives to let us see his return journey in 2023--I imagine he will be in a real hurry to get back since at long last he now has a successful nest (and with luck, the same partner) to return to!

Kind regards, Ann