Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Stay safe, all.

The New Moon is 1 February (Tuesday).

• Pat O said:
    Talking of games - has anyone else got hooked on Wordle? What a great brain-exercise teaser every morning. Highly recommended.

Love it...

Today did it in 4.......

• Unknown said:
    I saw CC's area blanketed by ice

I am sore from shoveling endlessly for two days, not being of Diane's iron constitution!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Pat O, Yes, another one hooked on World. Did it in 2 today, but luck comes into it.
  • I saw some mentions of Wordle - sounds like more of my thing than Soduku, which I never got into as I hate numbers!!

It's settled into a wet and grey dry, here. Everyone clumping around the shops looking fed up - that is, if you can guess from behind their masks! Pleased to see that most people are wearing them hereabouts

• Apologies for absence! It was a horrible week - full of appointments and full of pain. Highlight was haircut yesterday and a good catch up with Nicole (she does our hair here at home). It was five months long instead of five weeks usual! Legs feel much better today but not asking too much of them - will increase exercise tomorrow.

I have read most of the posts, but not necessarily in the right order, and just too much to try to catch up. I was sorry to miss Annette's birthday, but kept singing Happy Birthday that day, and that abcess treatment for Dibnlib's OH sounds really unpleasant - wishing him a full recovery.
  • Love Wordle, especially because it's fast and a new one every morning!
  • Morning all:

CC:  Good grief!  I would vouch that anyone, including you, would have to have an iron constitution to shovel that lot!!   Don't you have any burly males in the neighborhood?  Or someone with a snow blower?  

PatO.  Haven't tried Wordle, but the NY Times has a Spelling Bee game where you have to make as many words as possible using only 7 letters; each word must include the 'featured' letter of the day.  Haven't done it for a while.

Lindybird:   I can't remember how many times my carefully organized list of items for Costco, Trader Joe's, Albertsons, has been left at home.  Sigh.  Thank heaven OH is usually around so I can call him, but then he says he can't read my scribbles/shorthand  :-)

OG:  Thanks for the birthday wishes - you're still within the very broad parameters for the celebration because grandson has yet to clue me in on when he's coming down to cook dinner, but I've already received instructions to stay away from the kitchen and sit somewhere with a glass or two of wine while he takes care of everything.  :-)  

• Rosy - I haven't done a Wordle in 2 so far, but have done a few in 3. It's a great daily brain-stretch. Lindy, I'm sure you would like it.
  • OG - Good to hear from you, but not to hear that you've had a painful week. I hope things are settling down for you now.

I'll take a look at Wordle- we do crosswords here, and my favourite puzzle these days is Codeword, where you are just given a crossword grid with numbers and only one or two letters already in it - you have to work out what the others are.