Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Stay safe, all.

The New Moon is 1 February (Tuesday).

• LINDY - I can understand your concerns x
    I know that you are planning a cruise, but as far as I know, you will be able to control your close contacts with others on a ship. Also, the ships practise hand sanitising, etc before going into restaurants. Yesterday sounds a bit of a nightmare...
    I've just heard from friends in Denmark. All restrictions have stopped there, so guess where they are going in three weeks time? Yes, here, via friends in North West England !
  • Belated Happy Birthday to you Annette.

Loved the photo of the snowy owl CC.

Hope those of you who are affected by the snowy weather are all ok and stay safe.

Only another month hopefully before the ospreys return. Will the Loch Garten camera be up and running by then? Has any heard any further news?
  • There seems to have been some kerfuffle over the cameras this year, bluesky2. Fingers crossed that we will be able to observe the goings on, if it can be finished in time for this season - not long to wait, now!!
  • I counted in my mind, and at least eight people hugged me yesterday, some very closely, and some more than once!! Its all depressed me somewhat - we have been so careful for so long, and we hardly knew the man whose funeral it was. We attended just because it seemed a kind thing to do as there was not supposed to be a big turnout, and we thought we could swell the numbers, but in the end, there were at least twice the number I had anticipated. Bah!
  • Lindybird said:
    Its all depressed me somewhat

Awh!!! Lindy Bless you,

lets see if we can give you some POSITIVE vibes....

You gave your kindness, to the deceased,and am sure it will have been appreciated, so now,convince yourself ,that you both deserve to be free from any germs,. Don't keep thinking those nasty NEGATIVE thoughts, push them away,(not easy I know)

and is the weather fine enough for you both to maybe get out n the Garden, or go for a nice brisk walk.

Big Hugs and Healthy Vibes on their way to you.

• LINDY Sorry you are so worried. Keep well, both of you, and Sue too of course.

Funny old morning here, some very heavy sleet showers indeed, and some blue sky and sunshine. We managed to walk Benson in a dry spell before going once more to the RNI for a dressing change. OH has the stitches out on Monday but will still need a dressing for at least another week.
  • Thank you ALL, for your news and chat. I may not reply to you but can usually (!) recall how things are with you.
    I have noticed that OG hasn't been on and hope that all is OK down there.
    There has been a little snow here but nothing worth talking about.
    Regards to you all
  • Morning all:   The site was so slow last night I gave up waiting for my post to load.  Anyway, had a lovely dinner (though things were just a tiny bit less lovely than usual, which I put down to Covid staff/supply shortages, etc.) All the servers were wearing masks and customers too except when eating.  It was nice to get out.   Meanwhile, yesterday afternoon got two more deliveries of flowers (that makes five) and when we got home, found a box containing a lined basket of soil packed with tulip bulbs, some of which were just poking their heads up.  That from my daughter - so sweet  she wanted something that would last through the spring and beyond.  Back to normal today. :-)

Lindybird:  If you're both vaccinated and boosted, you should be safe from any nasty consequences; besides, didn't Omicron infections start dropping in the UK about three weeks ago?  Interesting that so many showed up though after anticipating fewer attendees; maybe the idea of going to a funeral seemed more excusable than going to a party, especially since funerals and weddings are the only time many people see distant relatives.   Hope Loch Garten gets their camera organized; they've had a couple of disappointing years from what I recall...

I saw CC's area blanketed by ice on the weather last evening; can't imagine Diane has warmed up.  Hope you're both okay!

Take care everyone.

• Annette: I'm so glad you received such lovely gifts. A nice gesture from your daughter (sending the tulips). Wonderful that you had a good birthday, despite current conditions in the world.

I'm okay. I received about a foot of snow (12 inches or so) here in west central Indiana. Deep freeze expected tonight with subzero temps (fahrenheit). I'm sending the snow and the cold to AQ! Better find a good shovel, AQ!

Lindy: Don't worry. You're jabbed and boosted. Even if that virus dares to show up, you'll kick its little ****.