Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Stay safe, all.

The New Moon is 1 February (Tuesday).

• Good Morning. I've been awake for ages, but unable to get on here: just remembered its been the Big G Birdwatch last weekend, so there may be many visitors to the Site with results. Ashamed to say that I didn't do it this year, after many faithful years of looking out of the window.

AQ - Glad its a bit cooler and more bearable for you. Grey and drizzly here. Quite warm for February, though.
  • It might be the 1st of the month syndrome, LINDY
  • Happy Chinese New Year of the Water Tiger! May we all have a peaceful and prosperous year!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Morning all:  Couldn't get on last night and I too suspected First of Month Syndrome, perhaps aggravated by Bird Count results?

All fine here.  Have taken the plunge and hard-pruned a plant that's not supposed to take well to hard-pruning, but I tried some sample cuts last year and those branches are sprouting  growth.  Am also removing a bunch of branches from the base to reduce the load.  It's going to look like heck this year, but that's what happens when you don't take care of plants properly from year to  year.  Sigh.  Anyway, have to clear all the mess up and get it in the green barrel for tomorrow's pickup.

How much longer can Boris Johnson stay in power?  He's a total prat.  

• Things seem to be coming to a head, ANNETTE !
    Nothing exciting here, went shopping, ate some of the shopping, etc etc.
  • Well done on getting it done, Annette - I can feel your satisfaction from here!

A disappointing day, here - - I was pinning my hopes on getting my front tooth fixed today, but the young man who I saw as my usual dentist is busy, said that there's no hope for my tooth except to get it crowned (expensive) and of course it will take several visits to do. The1st date the girl offered me was at the end of May!! I was shocked and said that I couldn't do it anyway, as I will then be away. After some searching of the diary, she came up with some April dates eventually, so I am going to be in limbo till then with a sore mouth & very glad that we are still wearing masks when we're out...
  • I've not been on for a day or two but have been hearing about the two storms up un Scotland and the North. Do hope everyone up there is keeping safe and not been disrupted re electricity supply.

OG thinking of you and anyone else on this blog.

Well, arrangements for Thursday are well in hand, we had the Minister and his wife from the Parish Church in Moulton round this evening to hear me prattling on about Ray etc and then to pray for us.. It was really a lovely gesture on his behalf as Sue is part of that Church Family. Lifted us up and we are now ready to say our goodbyes..

Will try to catch up with news after Thursday.

Stay safe and well.
  • Lynette: Sending you strength and wishing you peace. You are in my thoughts. 

• Annette: I'm hopping in here to wish you a very happy birthday on Thursday. I wanted to make you a lovely card, but I'm up against the wall on this freelance job. I didn't want you to think that I forgot, though. Have a wonderful day! Do something fun.

I hope your OH is okay now. I was glad to hear that your daughter is recovering, but I'm sorry about your British kin. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNETTE!

• Harelady: So wonderful that you'll be retiring. Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing more from you. I hope little Sephi was not sick with Covid.

(That Indiana Fed-Ex driver was really lucky.)

Lindy: I'm so sorry about your dental disappointment. Those crowns are so expensive and so tedious to have done. Hope it goes smoothly.

CC: Happy Lunar New Year to You!!!

Hello to OG, Gardenbirder (Ann), Heather, AQ, Pat, and all you folks. I'll be back posting after this wretched job is done. I had to take time out to walk up the hill to the little general store in my small town today to stock up on groceries and supplies. We have a potentially historic winter storm moving in beginning tomorrow. Possible 12 or more inches of snow in my area, severe ice accumulation, potential power outages, high winds, and then brutal cold. The storm is 2,000 miles long. Just what I needed. LOL

Take care, all.