Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Stay safe, all.

The New Moon is 1 February (Tuesday).

• ps. The other day, Sue hinted that she is not happy about going on the cruise we have booked, to leave in May. She's mentioned the covid situation and other things, so I said we will respect your decision on whether you go with us - but we are both going.

I'm a little sad that she may pull out. Ho hum.
  • ANNETTE - It was the booster. We had Astra Zeneca for first two, now it is Pfizer. My arm is returning to normal, just itchy now.

LINDA - I would have doubts about a cruise. Be careful & keep away from everyone! Where are you going?

Hot and sticky today, 35 C, I’m hibernating this arvo. Some weeding early morn. How dare weeds look so fresh and green while tomato bush is looking limp & losing its leaves. Two old sheets providing shade. A few tomatoes still ripening each day, though small (apricot-sized).

• Just a thought

None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm. (Henry David Thoreau)

• Good Morning. A wild & windy night here last night, but not as bad as Scotland, I think. Hope everyone is OK up there.

AQ - Good that your arm has settled down to just an itch. I know some folks had that reaction here. My OH had a sore arm for a few days. The cruise is one we booked three years ago! to see the Norwegian Fjords. One of my all time ambitions.

We should have gone originally in May 2020, & of course the whole thing was cancelled. Then we were told we could rebook for a similar one for this year, so last year we put our names down. We hoped that by now the covid situation would be far more settled. We didn't know that by now we would have had three jabs. As its a relatively small ship, and we know that everyone will have to have been jabbed and covid tested before boarding we feel happier- also, as time goes by, I feel it might be harder for us to go if things keep getting put back year on year, as we're not getting any younger & I'm getting worse on my feet. I'm willing to take the risk as I know there will be stringent rules in place.

Re your quote, my Dad used to say, "My get up & go has got up & went!"

• Quiet on here. My OH had his check up at the Dentist's, and has been told that one of his back teeth is "going" - no wonder he's been getting toothache on & off for ages. I kept saying he must go.... now its going to have to be taken out. He came home with anti bios and a shamed look.

I have an emergency appointment for my errant tooth, tomorrow.

The sun is out, here, hence the above pics.

• Not much peace here last night, very high winds and lots of banging noise etc. I was quite scared, which is unusual. I honestly thought that my chimneys were going to come down !
    ANNETTE - What a heap.of worries for you :-( It would indeed be good if your niece moved in with her brother. And I can see why you are worried about your sister and her husband. I'm assuming that it was a dizzy spell that caused your OH to fall over?
    LINDY - Bravo for carrying on with your cruise ! My stepson ( ships pilot in Edinburgh) tells me that Fred Olsen are getting one of their cruise ships going, this year. They have been laid up in the Forth for some time due to the pandemic.

• Heather, I think that some of their other ships have already been doing round the UK trips, including calling in, in Ireland. I saw their adverts and was tempted! I had seen the ships all lined up and being made ready to sail,  where you describe, as they have two new ones this year and they are being refitted.

I see we've no news from Annette, and hope she and her OH are OK.

• Tomorrow our forecast is max of 22 C – perhaps I’ll need an overcoat LOL. Crazy weather. Up north, the road and rail to northern Territory are badly damaged by heavy rain & floods. Air Force have been flying essential supplies into Coober Pedy and other isolated communities..
  • I need 6 months of vacation. Twice a year.

Yeah, working is great. . . but have you tried travelling?

I googled my symptoms. Turns out I just needed to go on a vacation.