Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 30 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week. Stay safe, all.

The New Moon is 1 February (Tuesday).

• Thanks for the new thread, Diane. Glad to see you posting. Hope you are feeling better now and that the project is going well.

Kind regards, Ann

• Just popping in to say Thank You to Diane for starting us off.  Do hope you're feeling better.   Been busy last few days; will catch up tomorrow.

• Thanks DIANE. I hope you are feeling better. Please send more cold weather to hot humid Adelaide.

I definitely have a reaction to covid jab this time. A bright pink “egg” at site. Not painful, just annoyingly sore.

• This is Sunday, and the question arises, what will I start tomorrow? (Kurt Vonnegut)

Do not just be thankful because it’s Sunday. Appreciate it because it’s a brand new day.

Let this Sunday morning bring you tons of smiles and you’ll leave all troubles behind you.

• Thanks, Diane. You're a star. You don't say how things are with you: I hope you're on the mend & that the project is ongoing.

AQ - Sending you some cool winds: the weather here is much windier now after a very still and quiet spell. I hope your arm calms down soon & you have no other problems.

Last night we should have been at a birthday party we were invited to, but as it sounded like about 80+ people in a confined space, we declined: hope that those who attended enjoyed it but count us out!

• Good morning/evening LINDA. Yes please, cool winds welcome - forecast is 35 C tomorrow & weather girl is ecstatic. You are very wise to avoid crowded party -  we've come too far to relax yet. Our Premier reckons we've "passed the peak". Tell that to those sick or worse.

I'm off to hose myself down, as ANNETTE would say, and then watch a new season of Vera. No, not watching men's tantrums, I mean, tennis.

• LINDA – I like the light fitting – the mirror/hole effect and the shades. See what you mean about need for greater drop from a higher ceiling. I would still avoid birthday invitations etc – and have got myself one of the “stay away” shield badges which they are issuing in Scotland. Don’t think people will notice it, but better to do something than nothing!

HEATHER – been using CPAP for many years, but only getting this reaction since I came home from hospital in July with a new one. Has Mike recently had a new one too?

DIBNLIB – wishing your OH a speedy recovery – sounds rather nasty.

DIANE – thanks for the new week. Hope you are recovering, and that project is progressing. As usual, sleep plenty and drink plenty!

AQ – sorry you reacted to latest vaccination – that sounds like the one I have sometimes had after a flu jab (or “jag” as they say here), but not every year.

J has gone for a walk into town – and breakfast at Subway. Don’t know how he can sit there right opposite when people are on their way in and out of his usual church! He had a busy day cleaning various things yesterday.
  • Thank you DIANE. I hope that you are able to get on with your work project, sending best wishes.
    PAT - Your day out sounded great ! Thank you for sharing it with us.
    LINDY - The dining room lights look very smart, worth the hassle, I think !
    OG - I phoned my son, he has used CPAP for 15 years and has had a new machine. However, he says that his cough predates his change of machine, which I hadn't realised. He thinks that his cough doesn't come from his chest but is due to fluid trickling down his throat overnight.
    Good to hear from you, HARELADY. Roll on retirement....
    ANNETTE - thinking about you and your daughter.
  • Morning all:  

AQ; Was that the booster shot that gave you such a strong reaction?  Sending cool thoughts your way.   You're not watching the Men's Final,.even with the mute button on?  I'm afraid I watch Wimbledon only - love the white outfits, green grass and the open air.  Like a little vacation at home. :-)

Lindybird: I don't think I could stand 80 people in a confined space even without Covid. That light fixture should work out very nicely with some pretty lightbulbs. That reflective mounting is unusual.

dibnlib:  Is your OH home now?  Hope things have settled down a bit.

Heather:  Daughter doing very well; should be home 'proper' in the next week or so. Meanwhile, my niece in the UK has cracked and compressed a tibia after a dog crashed into her knee. They were playing with her dog and others during her 'dog group's' daily walk in a nearby field.  She's due for surgery Tuesday and has been told no weight bearing activities for three months!!!  Depending on how she is, she'll have carers in for 6 weeks and/or (more likely) will move in with her Bro and SiL who live nearby and have a large house with room to spare. Her Sil is a former paramedic.  Then yesterday, I got a text from my BiL from the A&E saying my sister had woken up with severe pain in her hand and initial diagnosis could be osteomyelitis.  I swear, all we need is for my BiL to topple over in their huge old house and they'll all be up the creek. I daren't even think about that because my niece is the one who's always up and down the country helping them out.  Two weeks ago my OH toppled over in the driveway and a neighbor who saw it came and banged on the front door....  He's okay, but really, it never rains but....

Time to get moving here....

• I hope that dibnlib is able to prepare for her OHs return home, knowing that it will indeed be tomorrow.

Heather- I tried to envisage the lights before they went up, but of course you're never sure. Now, I think that they're OK. At last I do feel that we've finished in that room, as we bought new furniture in there at the beginning of the pandemic. The carpet was replaced two years before that. Nothing here gets changed overnight!

Sue came here this morning to swap some books with my OH. She had a coffee and we all ended up discussing health matters. And other folks health. We ended by saying the usual "Old Age is Not for Wimps!"