Any news about the live webcams at Loch Garten?

Has anyone heard anything about the live webcams at Loch Garten apart from Osprey nest webcam.The Birdfeeder webcam was briefly online early in 2021. I’m about to email Loch Garten about this.

• No I haven’t but would love to know why it hasn’t been fixed yet. Hopefully all the cameras will have been sorted out if and when the Ospreys return.
    Please let us know if you find anything out.
  •  I’ve just emailed RSPB Abernethy!

• I’ve also having a look at the Carnyx Wild Website. There is far less detail if any with far less details than what there was two years ago on the Carnyx Wild Website. I started a thread about that in early 2020 and is still the same. Also the planned live annual live webcam of the inland Kittiwake Baltic centre never happened in 2020 as planned. The Durham Wildlife Trust said on there website in 2020 that there where technical problems and the Kittiwake webcam would be delayed, but that live webcam never appeared in 2020 which is and was provided by Carnyx Wild. I’m getting a little worried if there are any problems at Carnyx Wild because of Covid. Not the disease itself. But possibly financial. I’m starting to think and putting 2 and 2 together. I hope I’m wrong!
  • Unknown said:
    I’ve just emailed RSPB Abernethy!

I'll be looking out for any reply, Thomo, I expect I'm not the only one anxious about the future of LG Ospreys (and other birds) online Relaxed 

As for Carnyx, the last "event" I am aware of was streaming of the Yorkshire Kestrels, when I belatedly read that the nest had been predated by Jackdaws - I didn't know anything about it at the time.  There's a 4-hour clip from last August on YouTube.

• scylla said:

THOMO said:
    I’ve just emailed RSPB Abernethy!

I'll be looking out for any reply, Thomo, I expect I'm not the only one anxious about the future of LG Ospreys (and other birds) online

It’s not just Loch Garten. But thinking if Carnyx Wild are having any financial problems as also mentioned about the inland colony of Kittiwakes and the promised webcam saying there where delays but never appeared in 2020. I hope everything is ok with Carnyx Wild as lots of larger organisations have been affected in 2020. Hope I’ll soon get a reply, hopefully from Jess.

• Sorry, THOMO, I just edited my post to include mention of Carnyx.
  •  The kittiwake colony was due to start broadcasting live around April/May 2021. But just before the live online broadcast was due to start this appeared and the live online broadcast never appeared in 2021 and Carnyx Wild provide the live online broadcast as well as the Loch Garten live webcams.

• Thanks, Ian, Scylla and Bluesky. Fingers crossed that all is well with both Carnyx Wild and Loch Garten and that promised webcams will appear before the ospreys return. It would be fabulous to have a settled pair on the LG nest this year.  I hope one or more of you receive a reply soon to let us know what is happening.  Of course, we cannot expect things to work out as planned if yet more variants of the virus appear, etc.--fingers crossed that webcams will be working regardless.

•  A reply to my email from RSPB Abernethy earlier this morning!