Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, joyful week. Please stay safe, folks.

• Lindybird: Haha! Very good. I'm guessing none of the ditties and pix will make it onto the thread! Will have to rely on my UK niece to pass them on. :-)
  • This car has four speeds, fast, faster, very fast, and “Good morning, Judge”.

Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth. (Ema Bombeck)

This car is for three people – one driver and two push. (bumper sticker)

• Had to sign in for the 4th time this week.

Good Morning. Its been a change from the usual dreary covid stats & discussions, but now we're also tired of hearing about P. Andrew and the parties at No. 10. There are many sides to all of these things, but it's tiresome when the journalists try to put "spin" on some situations.
  • We just had a stunning sunrise,  with heavy clouds catching the light.

• Lindy - Those are amazing sunrise pictures. Thank you for sharing them with us.

I do hope Diane is OK.

Good to hear from Lynette - hoping that all the arrangements are going smoothly.

In haste - hello and good wishes to everyone! Hope to be a bit more chatty next time.
  • Thank you, Pat. I put them on a local FB page and they were admired - someone said "I wish I'd got out early with the camera, myself!". I replied that I hadn't been out, but took them through our bedroom window!

Just had a Near Miss. I'd done my shopping, put the food into the boot of my car, and began to settle myself behind the wheel, when I heard a thud and a clunking sound. At first, I wasn't sure what had happened, but then realised that the car nose to nose with me in the car park had just MOVED! Behind it I could make out another car, which at first I thought must have reversed into it, but then saw that a woman had in fact driven across from her parking space and collided with the rear of the car in front of me. Thank goodness it had good parking brakes, because it sort of reared up, but didn't move towards me, otherwise our front would have taken a dint, too.

When I got home, I described it to my OH and said we had been lucky. I didn't stay to observe the aftermath, because several people who had been queuing at the nearby ticket machine rushed over to help. She was an elderly lady (i.e. Older than me!). and looked puzzled as if someone else had done it.

• I am also thinking of Diane every day, and hoping she is keeping snug, warm and fed. Maybe it will be a short term thing & she'll soon be back to herself.

Thinking of Lynette and alll that she will have to cope with - I hope her family will be at hand to help.
  • I've been signed out a few times this week, LINDY.
    You did have a lucky escape in the car park !
    I'm also thinking about DIANE and hoping that she is feeling better.
    It is only January but during wakeful nights I'm starting to worry about garden chores. Which reminds me, ROSY - I also remembered about the problems with your communal garden. Let us hope that the new gardeners will get it all shipshape !