Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 January 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, joyful week. Please stay safe, folks.

• Quiet on here today. I worked on the roses, went to an Open House showing for a property that's on the market. Was amazed by the number of young couples who were checking it out. I don't know how anyone can afford anything these days.

Hope everyone has a reasonable Monday.
  • It was a hot Monday, 37 C. While OH was at dentist (root canal), I drove to my library to return books and collect 2 “holds”. By the time OH was ready, I had reached page 23. Tomato soup for tea, despite the heat, as his mouth is a misery. Not much sympathy from me. . . if he had gone to dentist more often, etc, etc.
  • Just a thought

When you feel like quitting, remember why you started.

• Dry here and not too cold. Feel better after a relaxing weekend, and hoping to get some things off the "To do" list this week.

AQ - Glad you made it to the library. Hope your OHs mouth heals up fast.

Annette, I see you're still battling on with the garden. Hope your reorganisation of it means you'll have a little less to do in the future. Edit: maybe the young people viewing were just being nosey!

• We have had food waste collection weekly here for a couple of months now and it seems to be considered successful. We do use it, although we use compost bins for soft garden and fresh waste (eg veg peelings etc). They are still debating the garden waste issue - main point seems to be "will it have to be chargeable?"
  • I know exactly what that feels like, and how a little help with the warmth and belonging with friends helps immensely. I think the drreams are a way of clearing out subconscious stuckness.

Lindybird said:
    I had had morbid dreams and it took a while to be in the present
  • Yes, we have a Trader Joes I visit for chicken potstickers. Very good. I'll look for the soup...sounds wonderful. Grilled cheese only when my psyche needs it, caloric content be damned!

Unknown said:
    CC:  Do you have a Trader Joe's near you?

I've also been struggling with food waste. No service here, so it goes in the garbage eventually. Composting would be another project I don't need as well, and my garden is so tiny I'm not sure it is worth it...On the other hand, if it could be small and self-composting with no need to turn it, I might reconsider.

• We have food waste bins here in Inverness and have to pay £45 annually for garden waste bin. The latter is only operational for nine months of the year. My daughter in Elgin has two garden waste bins - no charge.
  • Hairdresser seems to have woken up - after several messages left! Appt 4th Feb - still a while to wait, but at least 'tis in the diary and I know whether I dare trim some bits before then!
  • Hi, all. I had some unexpected work stuff to do, and I never made it back here to do replies. We're having another savage cold night, and my hands are icy, so I'll be back tomorrow to "talk" to you all. Stay safe, folks. COVID is really bad here. Wishing you all well.