Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 December 2021

Happy Hogmanay and Happy New Year!

This is the last thread of 2021! Time flies...

My dear friends, I wish you all happiness, health, safety, and serenity in 2022. May it be a better year for us and the world.

PHOTO: The 2021 Comet Leonard, near in the sky to the awe-inspiring star cluster Messier 3. The comet will reach its closest point to our Sun on January 3, 2022 at the end of its 40,000-year journey to the inner Solar System. It'll be ejected into interstellar space, never to return.

Photo labeled “Public domain” (copyright free)
Horizon Productions SFL

• Evening all:  Busy here (no surprise) but snow still minimal so am able to visit daughter with no problems. There's talk of transferring her to a rehab facility but we're thinking it's a bit early for that......  

AQ: Chocolate is a very versatile resource.  :-)

LIndybird: Good you are home safe and can rest now.

Lynette:  Any developments re your OH or are things slowed down due to holidays?

Take care everyone.

• Lynette: I hope the doctors will be able to prescribe a new medication or find another treatment that will help your OH. Very worrying for you. Sending good wishes to you and your family. 

Lindy: I'm so very sorry that you and your OH have had illness over the holiday. I'm glad you've tested negative for COVID, but I hope you'll be able to get some good medical help to resolve the issues. Sending you strength and good energy, Lindy. 

Annette: I'm praying that your daughter will show rapid improvement and won't require rehab treatment. I'm glad you've been allowed to visit her. Hope the weather continues to be kind. Thinking of you, A. 

Hello and happy new year to everyone. 

• Good Morning. Dry and warm here. About 13 degrees!! The weather seems to be haywire these days, but at least it saves on the heating bills now that the supplies have become more expensive.

Annette, do hope that your daughter continues to make good progress, but of course its bound to be slow. Great that the snow is holding off rather than adding to your problems.

Diane, thanks for your good wishes.
  • My OH is waiting to hear if the golf course is open: it's been shut for a couple of days as too wet following a lot of rain here (again!)
  • Dry and hot here. 38 C today, 39 C tomorrow.

Just a thought

If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads. (Anatole France)

• Milder here today. Someone - turned the main thermostat too far down the night before last and the house took a long time to warm up yesterday, when outside temps were below freezing. I was annoyed, to say the least !! My daughter in law and granddaughters are country folk who hate a warm house. My OH grew up on a farm and was the same. Me - I'm a city girl and like to be warm !
  • Night was much too warm - but days seem cold to me - spend a lot of time shivering during the afternoon even when outside thermometer says 11 degrees and inside says 23 degrees! Still using up leftovers - should be no excuse for them when we should have been shopping for the usual three (apart from food gift from couple at church - choc cake from her and homegrown veg from him). Quiet day today, then J has his endocrine appointment at DGRI tomorrow morning. That will mean late lunch but need it around lunchtime not evening as it includes cream sauce with the Hogmanay Haggis (can't digest cream at night.)

Hope Lynette will get some news today, and that Annette's daughter is improving.
  • Happy New Year to all!
    I am traveling to my brother's home in Pennsylvania, returning Jan. 3. Please stay safe and warm. May you and your families enjoy the turning of the year, and may it bring us all peace and harmony. love::love

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Thank you, CC! A safe journey to you, and I hope you enjoy your family visit. Best Wishes to you for the New Year.
  • OG, I'm the same, too warm in bed at present, but then feel chilly in the day, probably because of the rain. We were forecast rain by mid day, and lo & behold, it began to rain at exactly 12.10pm!

My OH returned home, annoyed, today, as they were promised an update on the state of the golf course by 7.30am but a notice was posted both physically on the gate and online at......... 8.15. By then there were several players there, some of whom travel much farther than my other half. Of course, it was closed due to the rain.