Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, serene, healthy week! 

• Good evening, all.  Thought I'd share this with you all - I must confess that when I'm gone this is the sort of thing I want someone to come out with!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hi..   Annette - hope your car gets that free wash.   Pleased that dau is making steady progress.

Diane - not much fun being without heat and light but do hope the weather doesn't worsen for you.

OG -    hope things start to improve for you all.   Thinking of you.

Weather down here has been cloudy for the last few days and is forecast to to continue as thus.   Dau managed to book OH in as an emergency so she came home from school to take him down to our doctors.  We both traisped in with him and he was given a thorough going over.   ECG and blood pressure were fine.   Because he's not eating she thought it might be gastro .  Had bloods done and they will be sent off.   Prescribed some sort of protein drink and told us to stop insulin if it remains below 10 as the insulin is working overtime  and  he could go hypoglycemic. Only to give him insulin if it goes above 10. . She is doing a fast track referrel for tests and has also requested a CAT scan.    So we await with baited breath.   We will get there, just don't know when.

Thanks all for your news and what you have been getting up to.

Have a good weekend.   Stay safe and warm.

• Lynette:  Thank you for the lovely card and wishes!  Same to you.  Good Dau was able to get your OH to the docs for a going over.  Let's hope they can come up with a way to sort him out (and give you some rest).  Take care.

Clare: Good thing that memorial service and what sounds like a very colorful eulogy will be held somewhere where the roof isn't likely to cave in or lightning strike at the mention of that lady's escapades.  :-)

OG: Hope things have calmed down - even a bit??

AQ:  Hmmm. Interesting about the disappearing mice.  Let's hope they stay gone.

Lindybird:  I remember Cook's Tours; used to get their brochure every winter and start making vacation plans (mostly to Italy) for the summer.  I think those brochures were the only thing that got us through the winters....  :-)   Hope the store manages to stock up on Christmas cake!  

Harelady:  Brave of you to leave pressie shopping this late.  I've heard debates about folks who prefer to work at home rather than in the office, but someone made the point (and I share the opinion) that a lot of creative ideas come about by informal chats with coworkers during the course of a workday.  Hope you manage to get some good eats in before the stores run out of stuff.

Heather:  Sounds like a good plan for Boxing Day.

A busy day here.  Had to go out this morning, threw in a load of laundry on the way out and just realized I've yet to move it to the dryer - and there's another wash load piled on the floor.  Oh well....

Take care everyone.

• Hot! Nudging 39 C in city but a mere 36 here.

Just a thought

In a world where you can do anything, be kind. (sign at a school)

• Lindy - I am 99% done - just a few books to get so I will be at the shops for when they open in a local town called Woodbridge on the River Deben which has a couple of good book shops and Aldeburgh has an excellent one so Im sure I'll be home after an hour or 2.

Covid cases here are rising quickly but where my Son lives in S E London - they are going through the roof. He has his booster booked for 23rd. My Daughter in Silverstone queued for over 3 hours but got it done.

Stay safe all and keep the posts coming.

• Good Morning. A late sunrise today,  as we get nearer to the shortest day. 

• Lynette, glad you finally got your husband to the doctors. Hope he will stabilise a bit now he's had some help.

Harelady, we got a Christmas card yesterday from friends who live in Woodbridge. We've never been there, but have some friends who we met 20 years ago in the Canaries, on holiday.

Thinking of OG and EE, with J. Hope everything has worked out now. {{HUGS}}
  • Unknown said:
    Covid cases here are rising quickly but where my Son lives in S E London - they are going through the roof. He has his booster booked for 23rd. My Daughter in Silverstone queued for over 3 hours but got it done.

How worrying.  All three of us have had our boosters - Helen (our daughter) was the last to have hers, a few days ago.  She has a minor heart condition which hiked her up the priority list - I never imagined I'd ever be grateful for that!  She has a small hole in the central wall of her heart - it has shrunk over the years and is not big enough to need operating on.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.