Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, serene, healthy week! 

• Tired but relieved at progress. Food shop this morn; afternoon spent making chicken croquettes which are now in freezer ready for Sunday. Also a big batch of sausage rolls, some for us, some to take to Dau tomorrow as she has busy days. Only repeats on TV this eve, but I shall hardly stay awake anyway.

Just a thought

It’s kind of fun to do the impossible (Walt Disney)

• Nightmare week so far - can't put my mind to anything. Thanks for thinking of us.
  • Oh, dear, OG: we were indeed thinking of you, and hoping all would go smoothly. Personally, I hate having workmen in the house as I feel I invaded. I hope they did turn up!!
  • We've been shopping and have thankfully got the last of the main presents. First of all, we got diverted from a main road which was inexplicably closed. Then went on what we used to call a "cooks tour" of the area to get around it: thank goodness my OH was driving as I would have been lost and panicking!

Then, when we reached M&S it was very busy in spite of the car park not being full. People ambling and gazing at things, others rushing around in a hurry. I braved the Food Hall without my OH as he hates it, and found there were major things missing from the shelves: no Christmas cake! ---- no pigs in blankets!! Some people were buying turkey but of course its too soon yet for the Big Day. (I would have frozen the pigs in B if they'd had any)

I emerged after queuing to pay, tired but partially successful.
  • The sun has been out, here, and I enjoyed being driven down the lanes as I could House Watch - some gorgeous residences in the posh areas, with long driveways, big gardens and fancy entrances. How the Other Half Live!! - we know that many of them cost 4 million and even above... ..
  • Quiet on here today. I've been catching up with routine docs appts (dermatologist froze off half my face I swear and I know have a larger-than-necessary bandaid affixed to my nose!). At the next office, the nurse thanked me for the free 'therapy' session after she had a little rant about her OH and how he isn't pulling his weight around the house. :-) Took my car (still covered in Arizona dust and dirt) to the carwash for their 'ultimate wash' only to get home and find multiple bug splatters still covering the front of the vehicle (called the manager and have been promised a free car wash) But that reminds me of something fascinating I saw on the trip: I pulled into In N Out Burger in Thousand Palms and was sitting outside munching away when I spotted birds busily pecking at various vehicles' grills and bumpers, presumably picking at the remains of bugs that had met sticky ends being whacked by cars out on the highway. Quite enterprising I thought....

Hope everyone is okay....
  • bjane: Looks like your area is in for some rough weather tonight....... stay safe.
  • Diane: Hope that band of horrible weather misses your part of Indiana...... What a mess!