Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, serene, healthy week! 

• Oh well, another couple of hours until we up here will know about further Covid restrictions. I am hoping to be able to have my (rather large) family here on Boxing Day but will have to go with the flow.

• Hospitals here in the US are being inundated with Covid patients, preventing others from receiving care. In NYS mandates are starting to be implemented, though not for limits on numbers...yet. I am so thankful I am healthy, have fuel and food and a home. Oh, and a few friends, computer and internet access!

Please take care everyone and stay safe.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Waiting lists here are growing every day, CC. One of the most worrying things about the present situation, I think. Not only are people having to wait precious weeks for diagnosis, but there are queues for surgery.

My OH managed a damp round of golf, which a couple of his fellow golfers missed as they made excuses due to the glum weather. Now he's off out again, going to the Tip, and moving some pieces of broken fences for a friend.

• Quiet on here. I hope that OG and EE have had a good day (but I'm not surprised that she hasn't posted)

It's been dry here today, and much drier weather is forecast for the rest of the week, & the weekend. Every plant in the garden is soggy and the lawn is wet, we've had so much rain. Hopefully now it will all get a chance to dry out.

I've had a message from one of my late brothers friends, expressing surprise and shock. I told him in an email weeks ago but I suppose some people never check their emails regularly enough.

• I've had some funny messages today - one of them was full of silly puns.

"Karl Marx is a historically famous philosopher, but no one ever mentions his sister Onya, the inventor of the starting pistol."
  • Hello all, not been on for a few days. Thanks to Diane for starting another week.

Diane - pleased to hear you have missed the aweful weather and that you have managed to finish your assignment.
    Always a dilemma as to what vehicle to get next. Also sounds as though the Amish community do a good cabin but as you say which is the less expensive alternative. At least with a new cabin you know it will be water-tight and cosy from the start. Happy deciding.

Annette. - pleased to hear dau is beginning her recovery after Covid, do hope all goes well for the family. Also your OH is coping until you return. Let's hope all turns out well and that solutions will be found re dau returning to California.

Have been reading and seeing the pictures on the news of the terrible damage the Tornado's have wreaked accross the SE area of the States, especially Kentucky. Thoughts are with all affected.
  • Lindybird - hope all well with you and yours.

OG - Well looks like the decorating is taking off, do hope with all your organizing skills that there are no hiccups.
    Sorry to hear that J is suffering from anxiety but hope that he can overcome his fears and come out the other side.

Been reading the other posts, thanks for your news.

Well, had my echocardiogram yesterday, more bloods tomorrow all to do with the episode I had in November. So I await the results and whether anything needs doing. OH still reticent re his diabetes but the doctor wants to do a full MOT and memory test on him so when he takes me down to the surgery tomorrow will get him to come in and make the appointment. Then we''ll go from there.
  • Oh Annette, it seems your friend is only interested in herself. Still she seems to have been mixing a lot and with Covid going around too!!!

AQ - hope your OH recovered from his walk. At least you have a nice new jumper for your winter.
  • Lindybird - sounds as though you may have turned the corner re your ailments and that it was probably an iron deffeciency.  Let's hope you get some answers soon.

Looking forward to our Carol Service on Sunday evening, nothing quite like one to prepare you for Christmas, mind you we will have to keep our masks on.

Can I wish you all a very Happy Christmas and Peaceful New Year

• Thank you, Lynette- have a Happy Christmas, yourself. I hope the docs can sort out your OH and give you peace of mind.

Dry here and the sun is coming up as a thin red strip on the horizon, which for us is a wooded area in the distance. Hoping to go out for the last Christmas presents as our Youngest finally decided on their requests.

Thinking of Annette and hoping that her daughter continues to recover, which could take some time, but thankfully it sounds like good news now.