Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 December 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, serene, healthy week! 

• Hey Diane: Thank you! Hope you aren't in the path of any bad weather tonight. Did you get that freelance project finished and are you shopping for a new vehicle?
  • Hi, Annette! I was so very happy to read that your daughter is improving, although I understand that coming back from COVID is a journey. I hope her recovery is rapid and complete. If it will be better for everyone, I also hope your granddaughter can move to California near you and her brother. I'm so glad that she is no longer legally tied to Arizona by the ex. I know your daughter will benefit from being near her doctors in the California health system. Also, given the political dynamic of the nation, they all will be better off in California than in Arizona in the future. (I don't think the 2024 election is going to go well.)

I also hope that your OH is okay. I know you worried about him while you were away. That was an awful ethical bind for you, feeling like you had to go take care of your family but knowing he might not thrive while you were gone. Terrible situation. One of those danged if you do and danged if you don't dilemmas. Take some time for yourself, A, and just relax and rest. You've been under a lot of stress. 

Yes, I finished my freelance project. It's in the hands of the organization's management and the graphic designer until February. I'm scheduled to take 2 weeks to give it a final check then. I'm not going to take on any other projects for awhile.

I need to find a vehicle and do something about my deteriorating house, which was not helped by last night's storm. I have my unemployment money from the state, and I inherited a little money from my Dad's cousin, who passed away recently, which I will receive in a couple of months. I don't know whether to try to repair my house, or whether to just demolish this old house and have a tiny cabin bulit by the local Amish construction company. (They do very good work.) Not sure which would be less expensive. It's a big decision, so I need to take some time and consider all my options.

Take care of yourself, and I'm wishing your daughter well.

• All: Last night's storm devastation is horrific, and the death toll is staggering. Likely, over 100 dead in Kentucky alone. I didn't go to bed until 6:00 a.m. this morning. I felt that storm in my bones.

bjane: I hope you are okay. I thought about you last night.

CC: if last night's storm moves toward you, either with thunderstorms/tornadoes or snow, please do all you can to protect yourself. It is not a normal storm. 

Also CC: You were absolutely correct in your comment this week about the U.S. Postal Service!

• dibnlib: Enjoy your lovely chocolates! 

AQ: Well done on completing preparations for the Christmas celebration with the little ones. I can understand why you found their recent visit tiring even though you love them so much. I was exhausted by my recent visit with friends. I'm just no longer used to being around people.

Clare: I'm sorry that you were criticized when you were young. I think we all have to celebrate our distinctive characteristics and love ourselves and each other. We all have our unique contributions to make to the world. (I'm an introvert, so I've always been "different.")

Limpy: That fox photo is FABULOUS. Nice to see you here!

Heather: I hope Callum stay's healthy and his girlfriend recovers quickly. Also hope your Danish friends won't contract COVID during their travels. 

Lynette: Wishing your OH well, and I hope he gets his disabled pass soon.

Harelady: I'm so very glad you were able to spend time with the children. I'm sorry that the time also involved illness and grief. I wish I could say something to lighten your sadness at this time of year. I'm thinking of you and sending you strength.

• Lindy: Try not to be hurt by little Rosie's reticence about sitting on your knee. I'm sure the pandemic has made children everywhere more reserved. Also, children go through phases during which they are shyer. I expect she will be more open as she gets older. The photo of her with the cake was very sweet. 

I am so sorry about the death of your brother. I was glad to read that you did hear from your nieces. I hope you can expand your relationship with them. 

Your sunrise photos were gorgeous. 

• OG: I've been thinking of you often since I got back from Indianapolis. It sounds like you've been quite busy with the garden renovation and the painting project. Don't overdo it, my friend. I hope you and EE will have a lovely holiday season with good treats. 

Pat: You also sound very busy. Take time out for yourself at some point over the holiday.

• Unknown said:
    I hope everyone has a safe, serene, healthy week! 

Not least, you.  And all the wonderful wildlife you share your home with.

• DIANE - Thank you for starting us off again. So glad you are safe, but terrible scenes of devastation across so many states. A big decision for you to repair or rebuild. {{{HUGS}}}

OH has just returned from his walk, he’s mad [mad dogs & Englishmen?], it’s 34 C. I’m nearly as mad as I have at last finished knitting the jumper that has been lingering so long. All that remains are the stray ends to thread out of sight. Then I can put it away, in mothballs, until May/June.

• I once heard Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata referred to as his Sonata No. 14 in C hashtag minor. (Frank)

I once had a nine-year-old student who came to his lesson unprepared. While playing the piece, he was making one mistake after another. Each time, I stopped him to correct the mistake. After I'd stopped him about five times, he put down his violin and with a very surprised face, said, “What's up with you today!” I couldn't stop myself from laughing. (Valentina, a music teacher)

• So pleased to hear you are ok Diane - it must have been terrifying for you.

Thanks for your kind words xx