WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey). SUNDAY NOVEMBER 28 2021

Wishing everyone a good week.   As for myself, I'm suffering from an overdose of The Disney Channel.......

• Hope all is well, AQ. Thinking of you both.

I've waited 2 hours to get on here...
  • AQ: I laughed out loud at today's saying. So true... What a pain about the fence - and the color. A bright mural sounds like a great option. Hope OH is okay.

Harelady: Good to see you. Sounds like a busy but pleasant time.

Lindybird: That is one good-looking kid!

Daughter continues to improve day by day.....

I couldn't get the site to load at all last night and wasn't inclined to wait about...
  • I know Haggis is not a tradition on St Andrew’s Day – but the day is a good excuse – and it was excellent, with a real whisky sauce, oaten tatties and neeps (plus brussels sprouts for extra goodness). A very normal chicken hotpot today which was also very good – maybe my appetite is returning at last – never knew why it diminished.

ANNETTE – pleased your OH is coping so well, but your friend’s lack of attention must be a big disappointment as you worry about him. Glad you can keep in touch with Daughter via Facetime – I hope progress will continue as she must be hating the time in hospital alone, and it is a lot of driving for your Granddaughter too being to only one who can visit.

LINDA – also our eldest grandson’s birthday again – age 32 I think! Lovely photo of your Tomasz.

HARELADY – a lot of travelling about down there – hope nobody is in contact with any nasties. We are still staying well away from it all.

AQ – next door’s efforts don’t sound very pleasant – a mural would be a good idea to cheer up your side of the fence. I hope your OH will be okay after the vaccination – they were very bad not keeping him sitting in for a while after it.

J went for his blood tests today – three different parts of endocrinology. I have been preparing butcher orders for holiday joints – finally settled on pork for Christmas and beef for new year. OH had chosen beef for Christmas, but J doesn’t like it so much and I thought moving beef with bread sauce reduces the full plates on Christmas Day when we seem to have a bit of everything (although the pork will of course have apple sauce!). I am now going to start the Christmas newsletter, not that there has been any news this year, so it will be very short.
  • Early morn here DownUnder. All is well with OH. No after-effects of jab. Phew. Thanks for your concern. I'll return later today.
  • That's good to hear, AQ.

It's much warmer here, but now it's wet. It's always something or other in the winter.

The birthday boy had a good day, having been to school with a bag of sweets for his friends, and then his favourite chicken dinner tonight. We're going to visit on Saturday with presents and advent calendars.
  • Noisy all day as piles of soil, debris, concrete drive & paths removed next door. Workmen seem to have finished for the day; OH is busy sweeping our paths, verandah, window sills, etc. I am wheezy from the dust.

And then there were 18. After months of hardly any covid, our state has an outbreak from a school reunion last weekend. Afflicted is a former Premier, and in quarantine/isolation pending results of tests are pollies, the Governor & other lesser beings. They should have stayed home like us elderlies. Or at least worn masks.