WEEKLY CHAT (Non Osprey) SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21st

Hallo all:  Finally got a chance to start the thread but oh my,  I'm nodding off.  Will have to catch up tomorrow......

• Annette: I am so glad your daughter is improving, although I know covid remains serious. I hope she continues to recover. Thinking of you every day.

Lindy: I am so very sorry about the death of your brother. It's always hard to lose a sibling, even when you haven't been close. I wish you peace.

Lynette: I am sorry about your recent health issues. Hoping for a full recovery soon.

I am still in indianapolis, typing on my phone, so forgive no further replies. Wishing you all the best.
  • LINDA – My sympathy on the loss of your brother. Even though you were not close, it is still a shock. {{{HUG}}}

• Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts. I'm tired now as I seem to have spent half the day sending messages/phoning, to tell everyone the news, and then replying to replies.

Annette - So pleased to see that your daughter is hopefully over the worst. A shame its spoilt your Thanksgiving celebrations.
  • Latest medi-muddle aka new regulations. GP clinic now only allows one patient in consult and one waiting in waiting room. . . “go and sit in car for half hour”. (Is it our fault Doc is running late at 10.30 am?) AND cloth masks are no longer acceptable. Go to adjacent chemist to buy 2 "surgical" masks. If we had known, we had such masks at home but we prefer the washable ones. (Cheeky chemist girl suggested we reuse disposable masks.) We sit in car, up the road as car park was full, I have knitting, OH listens to radio. After 25 mins we wend our way past 2 guards again, return to waiting room. "Oh there you are. We tried to contact you." Not much use as OH left his useless phone at home. His wound inspected, rebandaged, "come back next Friday".

Sorry I am lurking these days and cannot reply individually.

• I personally think we developed language because of our deep need to complain. (Lily Tomlin)

English is important but maths is importanter. (t shirt message)

Never make fun of someone who speaks broken English. It means they know another language. (H Jackson Brown, Jr)

• Good morning, all. Lindy, just wanted to say how sorry we are about your brother. Can't give you a big hug from here so I'll settle for hoping that Bonnie cuddles up to you in our place.
  • Thanks Clare. I know you're all with me in spirit. How is little budgie settling in?

Good Morning Everyone. A little windy here, and going to worsen, according to the forecast. Keep your hats on, those of you up in Scotland!

Poured myself a large Port & lemonade last night & slept like a baby.
  • Lindy - So sorry to hear about your brother. Even if siblings don't get on, they are still someone who has been there for your whole life and it leaves a hole when they have gone. Thoughts and prayers for you and the rest of the family.

Weather cold and grey here at the moment - is this the calm before the storm? The forecast says rain today and light snow tomorrow - and I'm almost as far south as you can get! Hope those further north will remain tucked up in the warm and don't get blown away.

Annette - Hope your daughter recovers very quickly. One of the many problems with Covid seems to be that everyone reacts differently. Hope she is one of the ones who bounce back quickly. My five year old great-nephew brought Covid home from school. He had three days of feeling grotty and sleeping most of the time, but is now back to his bouncy and energetic self. I think his parents will be relieved when he can go back to school on Monday.

• Sorry AQ, I must have missed something - what happened to your OH?
  • SO sorry to hear about your brother Lindy. Sad that his daughters have lost both parents in such a short time frame.
    Annette- glad to know your daughter is showing improvement and you are able to be there for the family.
    AQ- what happened to your OH? I missed something.
    Lynette-hope you are feeling better and not as apt to fall. It's a wonder you didn't break any bones!