WEEKLY CHAT (Non Osprey) SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21st

Hallo all:  Finally got a chance to start the thread but oh my,  I'm nodding off.  Will have to catch up tomorrow......

• Thanks ANNETTE for starting us off. Sleep well. I had a nanny nap after lunch and woke to learn that OH had been out & returned from his walk. I didn’t hear a thing!

• Just a thought

What happens is not as important as how you react to what happens. (Ellen Glasgow)

• Hi, Annette - it's actually November. Hope you had a good night's sleep!
  • CLARE - You are sharper than I am ! I didn't notice..
  • Good Morning - Whatever day/month it is! I slept in today, on the very day I said I would begin the thread as Diane is away!

Thank you to Annette for remembering to begin us again.

Sunshine through my window after a much colder night last night.
  • Frosty and sunny start to the week. Hoping E-E will power-wash the deck one day – well overdue. J has walked to his church – via a breakfast at Subway.

HEATHER – good to see family all do L F Tests before visiting – nice that youngest family came (is S i L home yet from Oz?).

LINDA – sorry you feel you are not well, but glad you are getting good days among the bad. When will you see Doc for test results?

ANNETTE – thanks for starting the new thread, whatever month it is! I hope you slept well.

We have had discussion about investing in a soundbar to improve TV sound – main point has been how and exactly where to fit it. Looks like OH will buy it this week when he goes to Kingstown for M&S shopping, having established weight and wiring issues.
  • OG - We bought a sound bar and have found it beneficial. We placed it in front of the TV by using a piece of offcut "wood" on top of the unit, to raise the height of the TV itself. The sound bar then hides this as its in front.

Glorious sunshine here, but I've got nothing done as I've been on the phone for over an hour. Never mind, best to keep in touch.
  • Unknown said:
    CLARE - You are sharper than I am ! I didn't notice..

I'm dreadful.  Errors jump out at me and people must think I actively look for them.  I've irritated so many people in the past by pointing out mistakes in spelling, grammar etc. but I'd be very uncomfortable if I didn't make the effort to do so.

I should add that the one time I took overwhelming joy in pointing out an error was to a maths teacher who had added up my marks incorrectly on an end of year maths paper.  He'd written me off at the subject and my high score clearly left him in shock.

• I forgot to mention that we added someone new to our household yesterday. Limpy and I were in a pet shop in Ipswich earlier this week and he spotted a beautiful and very distinctive grey and white budgie in their aviary. We went back to that shop yesterday and brought him home - so far he's fitting in very well with the other four budgies and my fingers are crossed that this continues! We've called him Smoky.