Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 November 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON
and HAPPY PARTIAL LUNAR ECLIPSE 

The moon turns full and the partial lunar eclipse occurs on the night through morning of 18-19 November. For exact times for your house, insert your area/town/city in the box on this page of the Time and Date website.

Everyone have a joyful, serene week!!!

•  Yes, ANNETTE, my brother is still living in France. He tells me that they all have to have a Carte Sanitaire to show covid vaccination , can't even get into a supermarket without showing it.

• Wow, Heather. Wonder if we'll ever have to be that strict! I see that things are worsening by the day in Austria, where they are going into a lockdown again on Monday.

We've been to a nearby town, bought a few bits & bobs, filled up with petrol as its cheaper there, and then stopped off to buy my OH a new smartphone for Christmas! I offered to buy him one as he is now one of the only golfers in his group who can't book a tee online!

We'll see how he gets on with it: he always says that he can't cope with small buttons on things with his sausage fingers- I'll do my best to instruct him on the intricacies of the screen and the menus, but I've warned him that he will swear a lot!!!!
  • LINDY my OH had a Doro phone, his bowling mates recommended it! It had larger buttons, text etc.
  • Lindybird:  You can get little foam-(or something like it) tipped thingies to use on those small keys.

Heather:  Vive la France - but sorry your bro is still affected by the stroke.  How is your nephew these days?  Didn't he move there too?  I remember there was some concern about their status post-Brexit....

• ANNETTE - My brother has French residency but I'm not sure about his son, who has a home in the same village. Brother gets physio every week , balance exercises etc. He gets very frustrated with the right side weakness but is still chopping logs for the fire and doing diy around the house.
  • My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger. (Billy Connolly)

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination. (Albert Einstein)

Doubt is the father of invention (Ambrose Bierce)

• Lindybird said:
    he always says that he can't cope with small buttons on things with his sausage fingers

He has our sincere sympathy.  Limpy has exactly the same problem and the Parkinson's doesn't help.  He has a few downloaded games on his phone, to try and help his fingers retain some movement.  

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning. Dry here. Sorry that your brother still has problems remaining after the stroke, Heather- he sounds as if he will not give in to it, and wants to get on with life. We've already chosen a phone & bought it, but thanks for the advice.

Watched most of the Children in Need programme last night (annual charity marathon broadcast) and found that it was as usual, patchy. Unfortunately they don't seem to have found a single presenter who could hold it all together as in the old days, and having many of them instead, did not add to the programme.
  • Very Happy Birthday to Heather and Clare.....belated. Clare those pics are so very wonderful thank you
  • Laughed at this one, from Silversurfers.