Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 November 2021

Happy New Week!

I hope everyone has a healthy, happy week. 

• Diane: Thank YOU!   Any feedback on your assignmet yet?  

OG:  The magazine work has been pretty frustrating the last 7 months or so. The magazine lost two editors and the editor I work with has been swamped by extra responsibilities, which is why everything is last minute.  Covid disruptions just make it worse.  I've heard the magazine is now back up to full staff, so hoping things will settle down. 

We put our clocks back tonight......

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Annette: The editing second pass arrived in my inbox late Friday. I'll start on it Sunday morning. I was told I did a great job on the first pass, but I haven't looked at the comments in the document yet. This will be a difficult second pass on a tight deadline. I'm ready to be done with it. I don't work with editors like you do. This non-profit organization no longer keeps writers or editors on staff. I hope your work will settle down now and be less stressful.

• Diane: Tried that link and got a message saying it was no longer available or maybe I didn't have permission. :-(    Great that you got good feedback on that first edit.   Let's hope the second pass goes smoothly with no further fixes and that they don't delay sending the check.

• Annette: Thanks. I just deleted the link and my reference to it. 

There will still be a lot of work to do on this pass, but I've never had any trouble getting paid. I hope your Sunday won't be hectic and that you're feeling fine now.

• HEATHER – Good news that s-i-l will be home well before C-mas. Does he get any extra “at home” time to make up for being so far away? Fingers crossed there is no covid outbreak in TAS to delay his travel to Perth (West Aust slams their border shut at the slightest).

LYNETTE – Your jerky nerve sounds nasty. Do have another chat to Doc.

OG – Yesterday I found a stash of tatting pages from library books and “flung” them, reluctantly, remembering the great ambitions I had many years ago. I did make a few things – C-mas dec, bookmarks, edging for Daus’ skirt pockets – now that indicates it was 30 years ago! I doubt my arthritic fingers could manage the wee shuttle now. I have tatting books too; maybe I can find a home for them through a craft group.

Covid sign-in at church is on a slip of paper & posted in a box for anonymity. I put the date as 8 Nov. Whoops. I hope I can explain if an outbreak requires contact tracing.

• Just a thought

By being yourself you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before. (Edwin Elliot)

• Posting this as saw it recently, and I think it goes with AQs quote, above.

• Hmmmmm ........ I've been uniquely me for more than 50 years and I don't think the world has adjusted quite yet!
  • Good Morning, and thank you to Diane who is reliable in getting us started off again.

Hope things go well with your second pass on the job, Diane - at least they were encouraging enough to comment favourably on your first! Thinking of you.

Lynette - That sounds like a dangerous bit of leg jerking. Hope the doc can help to lessen the chances of it.

AQ - I have had to throw out lots of craft efforts and some books, as I tried lots of things when younger and bored stuck at home with the children. Sadly there was not always enough time to take things up as I imagined.

I slept like a log after my busy day yesterday - left myself a generous serving of sphag bol for us both, so an easy meal, which my OH warmed up & we tucked into before slobbing in front of the TV

• Christmas seems to be coming early this year, as lots of ads on TV already, plus things appearing in the shops as if its December now!! Noticed that some people have put up their outside lights on the house, as if they can't wait!!