Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful autumn week. I'm sending healing to all who need it. 

Here's a Fairy Ring (Fairy Circle) that my sister-in-law found in her backyard. ;-) Those are white mushrooms.

• Morning all:  Nothing but phone calls and more phone calls and various appointments last week; not to mention various things (electrical outlets, car batteries, you name it) broke down or otherwise wouldn't work properly here, there and everywhere (including OH's computer, which must have seen AQ's post).  Also had a rush freelance job come in Wednesday morning; spent Thursday trying to contact people and Friday morning writing it, only to have the editor come back at 4:30 p.m. asking for 'more details.'  Well, if the magazine didn't have such a ridiculously early deadline for an event that's planned for next March and the folks who are organizing that event haven't yet pinned down 'the details,' then we can't include them can we?  Really!  As if I'd leave them out if I had them!  Grrrrr.

Had Covid booster and flu jab at Costco yesterday.  I had an appointment but still had to wait about 30 minutes. The pharmacist said that the local Uni has mandated flu jabs (not Covid?) and that all the students were coming in for them.  He imagines mandated Covid shots will be next....  Don't ask me about that rationale....  

Very foggy here these mornings, which I like and it burns off by lunchtime anyway.  If I can go all day without having to have any conversations that require more than 1 or 2 brain cells, it'll be a good day.

AQ:  I liked the 'lose/replace/find' saying  

Lindybird:  Onward and upward - on all fronts!   We had cats too, but at this point I don't want to clean up after anything....

OG: Flinging again, eh?  Can there be anything left to fling?  Do hope you feel better.  Is the weather aggravating things?

Heather: Let's hope daughter is less stressed and anxious once SiL returns from Oz.   I have more old towels for messy cleanups than I have 'good' ones these days....

Sorry if I've missed anyone. But hope to be more 'with it' soon.

• Weather is pretty grim here. Luckily we managed a walk with Benson this morning but this afternoon he was loathe to even put his nose out of the door.

I have decided I am a bit of a jinx. One friend cancelled our catch up coffee yesterday as she had medics going in to help with a problem and another cancelled our Monday meeting as she has a dental emergency. I have so much sympathy for them both.
  • Achieved more than I dared hope with the sorting out - and even the flinging. Even got around to emailing Dau#2 to ask if she still collects used picture postcards - if she has given up, I shall fling (responsibly!) the ones which were piling up here for her. I messaged Dau#1 this morning to ask how they all are and actually got a reply - answer varied re health, house moving (daughters) and work.

ANNETTE - that magazine work sounds very frustrating! I think my response would be that I can't say what I don't know! Sorry various gizmos have been breaking down. Plesaed you got the vaccinations done. I don't think pains etc are weather-connected - just depend on how my body and brain are feeling!

DIBNLIB - can understand Benson's reluctance this afternoon, so glad he had a good walk this morning. You haven't mentioned the "thing" by the river in Inverness - a sort of pier-like construction. Friend up there (ex S-i-L's current wife) thinks it is terrible, so I wondered if you have an opinion?

Even persuaded OH to plant the tulips at last - but I did read a few days ago thet it is okay to do it in November, so feeling hopeful. J has taken his guitar to see local music man - something to do with a wiring connection, I think.
  • Gosh, lots been written. Sorry if I don't reply to all, but I've read your remarks with interest.

My OH gallantly came to collect me from the hospital where I've had one of those unpleasant procedures. They told me afterwards that they had removed some polyps which were not of the nasty variety, and one growth which has been sent off for analysis. I now feel rather washed out, but glad I took the opportunity of a short notice appointment, as the alternative would have been waiting three long weeks. We are now going to have a quiet couple of days!!
  • A couple of packets of Christmas cards have arrived, and I bought some last month, so as OG says, it's possible that when I root out the ones I'd put away last January I'll find I have enough for two years!! Sadly, our lists of friends has got shorter in recent years so I usually over buy.
  • Hello all, just catching up again.
    OG, notice you are going through the mill again with your painful walking. Let's hope that medication can do the trick instead of a dreaded surgical procedure that you dread. Do hope J begins to feel a little better with his

knees.Its alll knees, knees at present, same here. I have this jerky nerve syndrom, at least its best described as that. Can be doing something then all of a sudden jerk and you end up either slamming something on the worksurface if you holding an object or you feel as though you are going to fall if your leg goes. All part of a peculiar syndrom which according to a neuro surgeon I saw some time ago and diagnosed perfectly good nerves, its just something that can happen. Hmmm. Still, learning to live with it and will have another word with the doc at the end of the month when I see her for an injection into my knee..

Lindybird - hope you are feeling better. Just seen further down, hope your tests come back favourable.

Talking of cats, if we go away now we will always make sure that our dau is at home so at least there is someone to look after Milo. As she works at a school her holidays are the ones designated and we tend to go away off piste so to speak. So pleased we got him even if hi is mischevious at times, well he still is a baby at about 2 years old.

HeatherB - I have taken to using inside clothes airers and then after a couple of days pop the washing in the tumble dryer for about 30 mins and they always come up soft.
  • That sums up what a graphic designer confronts on a regular basis. Somehow, it all runs downhill to us since we are last in the chain of production. Harrumph!

Unknown said:
    Well, if the magazine didn't have such a ridiculously early deadline for an event that's planned for next March and the folks who are organizing that event haven't yet pinned down 'the details,' then we can't include them can we?

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs