Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful autumn week. I'm sending healing to all who need it. 

Here's a Fairy Ring (Fairy Circle) that my sister-in-law found in her backyard. ;-) Those are white mushrooms.

• Just a thought

The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it. (J.M. Barrie)

• Good Morning -- I've been awake for an hour already, as I'm still on Old Time <sigh>

Very cold here in the night, so I guess it's winter now.

Pat -- My mother loved cats and we always had one or two. When I married, we had two who had been farm cats and we took them with us when we moved. After that, I always had at least one cat., for years and years. Our last cat died a matter of weeks before we moved here and we decided not to have any as problems when we go away, but I miss them dreadfully. Have to compensate, like you, by enjoying the many china cats and pictures around the house, some of which were my mother's.
  • Good morning. Battling the sun streaming through the study window – just called J to lower the blind. He had a lot of pain in his knees yesterday, but seems to be getting on okay with cleaning the kitchen this morning while his Dad is out to Tesco. Replaced all our hand towels from M&S and realised how scratchy the bath towels have become by contrast, so going to send in another order today – this means old ones will go out to garage and OH may be persuaded to throw away really ancient ones from there!

Just had a couple of bad walking days – non -walking. Woke up a bit better this morning. Not exploring any new treatments, but thanks for thoughtful suggestions, and hoping doc will not making any surgical suggestions when I see him at hospital on Monday – no way I can face a stay in the hospital – imprisonment there in July was enough to nearly finish me off, when every day was a battle to survive to the next.

AQ – glad you got good result from breast doc – my annual appointments have not happened due to covid delays. Hope the leafy greens were tolerable!

LINDA – surprised you were looking at worktops – I thought you were only replacing tiles this time around. Good luck with the additional medical tests – glad the consultation went well. I grew up with cat and dog – as well as budgie, tortoise, rabbits, chickens and assorted insects collected in jars – country childhood. We have also had animals most of our family life.

LYNETTE – sorry about the fall – I did warn you about the cat, with you being prone to falls. Still no real frosts here, so plenty of flowers to see. Dahlias have been lovely this year, and holding the blooms longer in the cooler weather.

DIANE – your mind and body must have been desperate for the three days sleep! Do take care of yourself. Appreciated your long post.

PAT – hope you are enjoying Sheffield Park today – am sure the colours will be glorious. Hope there has not been too much wind so the leaves can hang on a while.

ANNETTE – you seem to be very busy – take care.

Sorry about length of post – will try to aim for little and often!
  • The sun is trying to shine, between the dark grey clouds here. My OH went to the allotment and managed to dig a small area - he's resigned to having to limit his activity nowadays or he gets very stiff, later.

Thankfully the council have just removed our big green bin here at home, which is meant for just leaves and garden waste- we could easily have filled it up twice, so later he will refill it but it won't be collected again for another fortnight. A lot of leaves are down now and the garden is looking more threadbare- we had a light frost last night.

OG - We had decided to replace the worktops, just before the covid took hold. We had a new kitchen here when we moved in, in 2003, but after ten years noticed that the worktops were looking shabby already. We put up with them for a bit but then replaced them with something which looked a bargain, but wasn't! Now those are decidedly scuffed and scratched. My OH has agreed to have the tiling redone at the same time as I got tired of the multicoloured ones I had put in, to be cheerful. Another mistake, as I knew in my heart I might get tired of them. The cupboards thankfully, I still love !

• Hello all
    Thanks for all your news and chat
    Believe it or not, LINDY I did remember that it was worktops that you wanted ! I hope that you get answers,soon, regarding health issues.
    OG - I'm still using hand towels from aeons ago and they are always tumble dried, maybe that is why they are still soft. I don't have a washing line any more. The seagulls liked it more than I did...
    Good news on the health front, AQ. Something less to worry about. My son in law will fly from Hobart to Perth in a few days time and then to London and then up to Scotland.I
    Sending best regards to all -
  • Strange day after a too warm night. Thunder rumbling in distance this morn, a little rain (glad I washed yesterday), now humid. C-mas cards & list found but enthusiasm lacking. I must send overseas mail in next week or two.

• Anything that can go wrong will go wrong later with a computer.

An expert is someone who is called in at the last moment to share the blame.

You never find something until you replace it.

• aquilareen said:
    Anything that can go wrong will go wrong later with a computer.

And in a more perverse way.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning. Warmer and dry, here.

Off to get my tests today- will be glad to get home later and relax afterwards!

Have a good Saturday everyone.
  • A windy Saturday here. Debate about our town's two washed away bridges will rumble on for decades - government is sympathetic, but that is not quite all the town was hoping for! J is ironing this morning and E-E is cleaning our bedroom; I am attempting tidying and filing in the study - hope to include some flinging!

LINDA - we are still debating what to do with the garden - agree we need to downsize on work but don't want to look like a "designer garden". Will definitely retain some small veg such as salads. I hope the kitchen plans will soon be able to move forward - we are still pleased with our neat lines, despite not yet painting. Thinking of your tests today and hoping for a helpful outcome.

HEATHER - good to see you were able to say a bit more. Our towels are always tumbled dry too. Pleased your S-i-L is almost on the way back to Scotland - is he likely to have to go again?

AQ - ordered and received Ch cards then deicovered some left from last year - may not need to buy next year at all!

Well, on with the sorting - starting with allocating next month of birthday cards!