Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful autumn week. I'm sending healing to all who need it. 

Here's a Fairy Ring (Fairy Circle) that my sister-in-law found in her backyard. ;-) Those are white mushrooms.

• People say money is not the key to happiness. But if you have enough money, you can have a key made.

Give me the luxuries of life and I will willingly do without the necessities. (Frank Lloyd Wright)

You can get almost anything you want if you’ll just wait until you don’t want it.

• Good Morning. Lynette, do take care - I hope your black eye is not too bad after your experience. What a shame the cat got in the way - I'm sure he's as shocked as you are. Take it easy for a few days.

Dry here, and my OH has gone off to play golf but not sure if all the course will be open as its been flooded.

I'm off for a consultation (face to face!) with my Doctor about where we are with all the tests - I have some more on Saturday. I told my OH that he's lucky to be married to someone who's not ordinary!!
  • OG: It absolutely breaks my heart that you are in such pain. I think of you suffering every day, and I try to send you good energy. I wish there were something I could do. Is there any chance of you using medical cannabis? I didn't know whether Scotland would be more likely to provide it than England. I know their rules differ. Love and hugs to you and Eagle-Eye. Glad you were able to get to Dumfries. To answer your earlier question to me, my niece and nephew are okay. My nephew has found a girlfriend, and my niece will turn 18 in January. 

AQ: I am utterly delighted to hear that your surgeon has deemed that all is well. I am so very happy for you. I'm glad you were able to go to "real" church. 

Lindy: I hope the high-strength iron tablets will resolve your issues and restore your energy. I've been worried about you. I know you haven't been 100% for a while. I also hope the doctors will pursue a full answer to your recent downturn. I hope your face-to-face consultation is helpful. Sending you healing energy and hugs. I loved the photo of Rosie. She is indeed an old soul. Also enjoyed the photo of your grandson.

Heather: I hope your spirit will rise and you will feel more like yourself soon. Hugs to you.

Annette: I would have liked to see the old jukeboxes. I'm old enough to remember them. My Dad used to take me to a little rural diner where each booth had it's own little jukebox. 

CC: I hope you enjoy your singing group (and dancing)! A lovely way to brighten your spirit during the dark days of winter. 

Clare: I am so very sorry that Limpy is in such unrelenting pain. My Mom was on multiple prescription opioid painkillers for a long time, so I understand the negative effects of those drugs (I was her caregiver). I so hope that the NHS will change its policies and allow him to use medical cannabis. I would offer to try to provide you with some, but it's completely illegal in Indiana, even for medical use. Buying it here can result in prison time. I suspect it would be illegal to mail it, regardless. It's an abomination that Limpy has to live in pain, and you have to cope with the awful consquences. Love to both of you.

Pat: I watched a long excerpt of the Attenborough programme about cicadas. It was very well done and fascinating. I hope you're now totally over your recent illness. 

Harelady: I hope you are also back to health. I know you are still working, so illness is very demanding. Hope the boiler has been repaired.

Lynette: Milo the cat is beautiful! I hope you both will be happy together. Sorry about that fall, though. Take care of yourself.

dibnlib: I would love to watch that Shetland programme. That's one place that I would like to see in person. I still watch the webcams. 

Gardenbirder: So wonderful to see you posting. I, too, thought that quote was from Bette Davis.

Rosy: Hi! I had heard that chili powder will repel animals from raiding the garden. We have all manner of beasties that will help themselves to garden vegetables and fruits.

Sorry about this long post, folks. I slept for 3 days after turning in my project. 

Very cold here tonight. It's 28F or -2C (that's minus 2!). We've had several morning frosts now. Take care all. 

• Good to hear that you slept for 3 days, Diane!! You must have needed it :-) Keep on being kind to yourself.

An interesting talk with my Doctor this morning - she examined me some more and asked a few questions. She was pleased to hear that the iron pills were already making a difference. She says that now we need to wait for the results of my tests at the weekend, and then go from there. So I will let you know what happens, later.

Beautiful sunshine here today, but a real chill in the air. My OH managed to play golf, but says there is water visible here and there on the course.

I went to fill up the bird feeders, and our Robin came fluttering down to be the first to peck at everything. I always talk to him, and he puts his head on one side as if he understands every word!

• So sorry to hear that some of you are really suffering and no end in sight. That is just so dreadful.
  • Diane - Thank you, I'm now restored to rude health. Nasty at the time but fortunately over relatively quickly.

My thoughts are with all those who are struggling with any health issues. Hoping for healing and an end to pain.

Lynnette - forgot to say how wonderful Milo looks. He has certainly landed on his paws. I have had cats most of my life but sadly am not allowed to have one where I am living now. So I have to make the most of any time I spend with friends' cats. I survive by having lots of cat ornaments, mostly quite large - so anyone who walks into my home knows I prefer cats to dogs!

Off to Sheffield Park tomorrow in the hope of seeing some lovely autumn colour. Hope we have no more rain or wind for a while!
  • Will have to catch up tomorrow - it's been hectic.....
  • Lynette:  My neighbor stopped by this afternoon - had been taking an ailing friend's dog out for a nice walk and tripped over a speed bump (distracted by said dog). Result:  One broken wrist and a hole in the leg.  She's very active and totally exasperated with herself.  No black eye though!  Take care.

Lindybird: Hope you find some tme to enjoy yourself this weekend in between all the poking and prodding.  Hugs from here.

Diane: My neighbor had one of those table-top  juke boxes.  I remember them from my first years in the States.  I was thinking what would be involved in sending medical cannabis across the Pond.....

AQ: Glad you got the all-clear. Enjoy the weekend.

Looks like tomoroow is shaping up to be as busy as the last two....still, no chance of being bored.  Meanwhile, thanks all for your news.  Be well.

• LINDA – Seems you are getting somewhere with Doc. Good luck with next round of tests. {{{HUGGS}}}

Warm day, 28 C here. Washing, weeding & nanny napping. I picked an armful of horrid leafy greens to go with pork for tea. If I douse leafies with lemon juice they are slightly improved.