Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful autumn week. I'm sending healing to all who need it. 

Here's a Fairy Ring (Fairy Circle) that my sister-in-law found in her backyard. ;-) Those are white mushrooms.

• I wonder if anyone else saw 'The Mating Game' on BBC over the weekend? Lots of amazing information and film of the cicadas Diane told us about - the ones who lie dormant for seventeen years. Fascinating, particularly as I already knew a little from Diane, and then actually to see it certainly added to my knowledge. Thoroughly recommended - don't know if you can get it in US or Australia. It's a David Attenborough programme.

Temperature has reached the dizzy heights of 9 degrees and the sun's still shining.
  • Memories. For those who have been enjoying "Shetland" on the Beeb....it is on again this evening. Last weeks episode showed the beautiful tombolo over to St Ninians Isle. This is a must for any visitor to Shetland. We never tired of going there. It has to be seen to be believed.

Must catch up on the news here later.
  • That is SO GOOD. Whew. When life is one medical schedule, it's hard too feel as if you are living. I am visiting my best friend for a few days, who is metastatic and tries her best to live it up in between the cycles of labs, scans and results. Please be careful regarding COVID, I know I need not tell you... We are having similar conflicts regarding vaxxing here.

aquilareen said:
    I saw my breast cancer surgeon this morn. All is well. Repeat in 12 months. Hey ho, I actually have 11 weeks before my next medical appt

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Yes, I saw the Mating Game programme, Pat - have watched them all with fascination. Was trying to find the time to mention the cicadas on here. I felt quite superior as I had prior knowledge of them from Diane's posts. Even those who had studied them seemed surprised by their life style!

Dibnlib - so beautiful, thanks for posting.
  • We went out to look at kitchen worktops in a big superstore place. Lovely sunshine on our journey, and some trees beginning to wear their autumn finery. When we stopped to fill up with diesel, & I waited for my OH to pay, I noticed this tree out of the car window:

• Pleased about your good news, AQ.

Forget what else I was going to say!

Still dry here - but less sunshine today and definitely getting colder day and night.. OH did some painting in the wetroom today - hopng to do the walls (only parts three of them are painted) final coat at weekend, but it means he is now catching up on regular jobs. BTW, painter still hasn't come for window frames after two postponements!
  • Lindy - Yes, I felt a bit smug as well, but no-one to share it with! Lovely tree - and a beautiful blue sky.
  • Dibnlib I was there a few years ago when I and my Daughter went up for Up Helly Aa - it was stunning even with snow on the ground - would love to go back 

• Hello all, just been browsing through and picking up all your news.

Its always good to take in everyones needs and concerns and although one doesn't reply to them all, thoughts are always with you, especially those with medical concerns. Do hope that you can overcome the chronic pain and look forrward to a reasobable pain free existence.

Watched "Shetland" tonight, always love the scenery up there. Also watch the medical series which comes from the hospital on Shetland and all that the medical teams have to deal with - quite informative.

Unfortunately had a fall last night, partly cat in the way, partly leg giving way - I have this jerky nerve condition which I am told is nothing neurological. Its something that can just happen. So down I went smack on my nose and forehead and bounced straight up again. Now developing a bit of a black eye with carpet graze on nose. Oh well, just have to be careful the cat isn't under my feet.

Weather down here has been relatively dry with a frosty morning yesterday, notably cooler now,with sunshine and cloud.