Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful autumn week. I'm sending healing to all who need it. 

Here's a Fairy Ring (Fairy Circle) that my sister-in-law found in her backyard. ;-) Those are white mushrooms.

• Thinking of you, too, OG. I hope your NHS, etc., can come up with a better solution for you, too.

Everyone--Who was it who first said "Aging ain't for sissies!"? Google came up with this link from 'quoteinvestigator': quoteinvestigator.com/.../ . Their conclusion was that the saying was initially mentioned by an anonymous member of the US public, and it and several variants then became more widespread when another member of the pubic, Ruth S. Hain (possibly also American?), submitted it as an anecdote to the Reader's Digest in 1968 which led to it being widely reprinted elsewhere. In the 1980s, Bette Davis was reported to have and was photographed with a cushion with a similar expression on it which increased its dispersal. She is sometimes credited with originating the saying, but 'quoteinvestigator' could find no evidence for that. Other folk might find further suggestions for the origin of the saying--please post here if you do...I am going back to reading threads!

Kind regards, Ann

• I saw my breast cancer surgeon this morn. All is well. Repeat in 12 months. Hey ho, I actually have 11 weeks before my next medical appt (eyes), then the dentist and so on and on. I found this quote recently – “I’m not aging, I just need repotting.”

OH went out to lunch with Dau#2, taking a taxi as it was trying to rain. Before he leaves I am chanting – mask, sanitizer, phone, wallet. Grumble grumble, he replies. We are still restricted to ¾ capacity in restaurants, etc. Our state is dragging its heels with vaccinations, only 68% of over 16 year olds are double jabbed. NSW 88%, Vic 82% but they had outbreaks to scare people into showing up. Surprisingly a number of SA health workers are refusing to be vax-ed (mandatory now).

• Just a thought

If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them.

• aquilareen said:
    saw my breast cancer surgeon this morn. All is well. Repeat in 12 months.

Yay!! well done, excellent news,so pleased.

Can empathise with " Grumble grumble"  

• Me too, SunnyKate!!

Good Morning. A little misty here but dry. Yesterday I thought of you, AQ - our temps were 6 degrees and its going to be colder, soon. Great news that you were told all is OK after your appointment. Keep up the good work, LOL!!

We have had care workers who would not have the jab, and they had to leave as its now mandatory. I find it incomprehensible that people are resistant to having one.
  • So heartening this morning to hear that they've found the little 4 year old girl who was missing in Australia!
  • Ann, I always thought it was a quote from Bette Davis. I've been using it of late!!
  • Cleo was found alone in a house at 1 am this morn. She is apparently well and now with her family. I had feared the worst after missing for 18 days.
  • FYI - It's just 1 degree here at the moment, although the sun is shining brightly. Glad I don't have to go out.

So thrilled that Cleo has been found alive and well. What a little charmer! Quite right that she pushed the COP meeting in Glasgow off the top spot. Why is it that whenever there is a big meeting going on - and yes, of course it's important - the media gives the impression the rest of the world has ceased to exist? Of course we need to know what's going on in Glasgow - but we need to know what's going on in the rest of the world as well. Grrrrrrr
  • Absolutely, Pat. Takes 25 minutes sometimes for them to get around to The Other News.