Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a wonderful autumn week. I'm sending healing to all who need it. 

Here's a Fairy Ring (Fairy Circle) that my sister-in-law found in her backyard. ;-) Those are white mushrooms.

• Good Morning. Just beginning to get light here. We've had two days and nights of torrential rain and everything is soggy. It's not raining at present, but I'm sure it will!

No tiny visitors last night but then I did not have anything outside to look visitor friendly, and all evening it was so wet I should think it would deter anyone of any age.

My grandsons had fun with some pumpkins which our Youngest had carved.
  • Been to a hospital appointment with a Consultant, and he wants to do more tests. <sigh>

Interesting journey there and back, down country roads-- very wet and flooded in places, but the mature trees on some sections are a joy to see, all colours of brown, gold and in between. I love autumn for this, and we are lucky enough to live in an area where there are lots of trees. It's raining heavily now, again....
  • More tests, LINDY - at least they are trying to get to the bottom of it, but....
  • I do feel a little better, yesterday and today -- I've been on the high strength iron tablets for 2 weeks now, so perhaps they're at last taking effect. It's quite a relief to feel more normal, as everything has been an effort for weeks now :-(
  • That's good to read, LINDY.
    Thanks to everyone for your news. One of these days I'll find my chatty self again ! It's on holiday just now!
  • OG You are having such a dreadful time. I do hope things improve before too long.
  • Morning all:   We had three groups of Halloween visitors last evening.  The first was a tiny little person (parents in tow). So sweet. He wasn't allowed to back away from the front door until he remembered to say Thank You.  Next came about 8 pre-teens in a group; all boisterous but still polite and lastly, a young teen group that had been at a party and were being chaperoned around the neighborhood by an adult, obviously struggling to keep them in line. Again, all jolly and lots of loud Thank You's but couldn't swear they all remembered.  All done by 7:30 with not much candy left.  Then I went up to neighbor's house to pick up some watermelon another neighbor had grown in his garden. It was the first time I'd been in their house.  I knew the OH was a collector/restorer of arcade games, but was astonished to see their expanded back room filled with not only old pinball machines, but absolutely immaculately restored juke box machines from the 1940s and 1950s; old Wurlitzers with lighted panels and all the bells and whistles, etc.  All working; all stocked with 75 or 45 rpm hit records from those days.  Amazing.  His wife rolled her eyes a few times while he was busy showing them off.  I told him he'd have to throw a neighborhood party; not sure he was up to that but he told me to bring the family next time they're in town so they try them all out.  He even had jars of coins to feed into the machines.

Lindybird:   I can emphathize re the tests, but it's good you're feeling better.   That's a great pumpkin.  I never tried to do anything like that.  Too much work. :-)

AQ:  I have to set to and do some serious reworkng of the garden before it gets much cooler so roots can settle before next summer; otherwise, as you say, they take too much water.   Twenty pages of sayings eh?  Oh my.

Have been busy sorting through paperwork and bills to pay/tidy up. Now off to Tai Chi class....

Take care everyone.

•  Wow, it is November. Clocks back next week here. I successfully avoided Halloween, and the roast pork shoulder with carrots, onions and potatoes turned out to be a hit! Am grazing on leftovers now.

OG. For pain, medical marijuana has been a boon for my friend. I do not know what the status is for using it in the UK. But I can say I have seen reliable results for everyone for whom it has been prescribed. And helps a lot with relaxed sleeping as well. Chronic pain is exhausting and miserable.

Tonight I will be meeting up with my Sweet Adelines acapella chorus inside, in person, for the first time in a long time. I have a good singing mask with filters, and we will distance. Probably will be around 9-10 of us right now. I'll see how it feels. I get myself tested every week now, using rapid test, results in 2 hours. If I feel I have had a more risky exposure, I go for the PCR molecular test, results in 2-3 days.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• For Heather:

I spoke, severely, to my chatty self,
    And she responded to say
    If you are going to chastise me
    I'm going on holiday!

For although I sometimes ramble on
    And talk besides the point
    Most it is common sense -
    Pure nonsense it ain't!

So off I'll go, and wait to see
    If, after a while, you might miss me.
    You'll want to hear my piping tones
    Rather than hear others boring drones.

I can return and chat again
    We'll gossip like since I don't know when!
    I'll cheer you up, and you will be
    Once more your chatty self to me.