Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Sorry this new thread is later than usual.

Have a good week, all!

• Evening all:   Left Prescott Valley later than planned, then decided to only drive halfway due to heavy storm in LA today.  Should be home by lunch tomorrow.  :-))

Lindybird:  How sweet!!   Now I simply must organize another framed keepsake for Ms. D, perhaps using the photo I uploaded yesterday.  But beware, you're in danger of becoming Aunt Lindy!  :-)

• Annette, Any chance of treating us to a repeat of the original poem, please? Did not see it the first time around.

Kind regards, Ann

• Unpleasant dusty wind with 29 C. A bit higher tomorrow. Too soon for summer!!!
  • You can’t tell me what to do. You’re not my daughter. (t shirt message)

I don’t need Google. My daughter knows everything. (t shirt message)

I’m not an infant prodigy. I just have very stupid parents. (graffiti)

• Good Morning. No rain here -- yet. Glad to report that Sue had improved weather in Wales yesterday and so enjoyed a day in Criccieth, including a lovely lunch out.

Annette - Just bashed that out as it seemed appropriate. Glad you enjoyed. Sensible of you to not press on with travel when it's bad road conditions. Get home safe, without too much hassle!

I'm hoping to go out to M&S today but taking my OH as daren't drive myself far, plus he can assist if I struggle with things. Just getting out for an hour will be a treat!
  • This is for Pat, who is not feeling too great at present: hope you have a better day, Pat. 

My OHs favourite bush in the garden, which cheers us up at this time of year!

• It's a fuschia bush which lies dormant in the worst of the winter and spring, but then rises to the occasion at this time of year when there are not many splashes of colour left in the garden.

Dibnlib: We saw a grey squirrel and weren't sure if we were always seeeing the same one, but we had two together on the bird table yesterday!

• Lindy - Thank you so much for 'my' lovely fuchsia - I'm very touched. Feeling much better today, thank you - still not right, but seeing the doctor this morning so hopefully I'm on the mend. Had to cancel the visit of my niece, her man and my lovely great-nephew Charlie, who were coming for half-term. So disappointed not to be seeing them, but I couldn't have coped with a lively five year old! They have rebooked for the February half-term - but I'm hoping to see them well before that.

Hope everyone who is ailing is soon back to full health. I'm not used to being unwell, and am not enjoying it!
  • PAT - I hope that you feel better soon. Such a disappointment not to see little Charlie :-(
  • The doctor seemed quite unconcerned about me - I am a lot better this morning and she is happy that whatever ailed me has now run its course. Now I have to start eating again and get some energy back! Well, I certainly have a fridge-full of food, with extras for my visitors who had to be cancelled. And mostly not my normal diet. Hey ho ... And yes, Heather, it is so disappointing not to see Charlie. Hopefully I will be able to get down to see them soon.

Hope others who are ailing will be back to full health very soon.