Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Sorry this new thread is later than usual.

Have a good week, all!

• Took a photo of our plum tree, which I often mention, to show how it's been propped up by my OH - now the leaves are falling you can see it as usually its cloaked - but not this year by plums, as we only had two and a half plums from it!

(You can see where he's chopped the top off the tree to try and preserve it - it was getting too heavy to support itself!)

• I am intrigued by the two and a half plums, Lindy. What happened to the other half?
  • Erm.... my husband ate a good half, but the other half was going over.... that day it was all he could find. Some of the plums had fallen off, unripe, and he ate a couple of the ripe ones before the wasps got to them, then could find no more. In previous years, we have made jam, frozen whole fruits after stoning them, and then given lots away as we could eat no more!

• Looks like a pretty old plum tree! How wonderful you still are getting plums off it, even if just 2 1/2!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Wow, I had been holding my breath about Diane and her editing job. I am glad you made it through to the other side of the first pass. I’m sure my eyes and brain would turn to mush with that length of manuscript. What making a living makes us do to survive!

Coronal mass!!! Sounds vaguely like an Anglican ritual for royalty… That is quite exciting news! Thanks for letting us know. It is cloudy here but I’ll keep it in mind.

No movie in mind, we’ll just have to see what happens! I’ll let you guys know later!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Reading about Halloween in America, it certainly sounds as though they make it more family orientated but still prefer to remember the Christian aspect of the evening followed by All Saints Day. Still at least they have some fun.

OG - do hope your physiotherapist can get to the bottom of your pain and treat the whole body.

Lindybird - Do hope you can get to the bottom of why you ave anemia and get the right treatment. I was once diagnosed with borderline anemia connected with my heart condition but nothing much was done and it seemed to clear up on its ow.n so maybe it was not true anemia.

Had our boosters today. Very busy when we got there early but walked straight in, registered, and was taken through for the jabs. It must have been people waiting the 10 mins afterwards that was taking up the waiting area. We went after about 5 mins and have been perfectly ok.

Another week on the horizon and the clocks going back tonight - don't forget folks.