Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Sorry this new thread is later than usual.

Have a good week, all!

• Maybe they eat it afterwards!

Good Morning. Hope Annette can now have a couple of lazy days after her long journey. Thank you for posting the poem- had forgotten it, myself! And it was very short!

Awoke to a beautiful pink sky here as the sun came up over the fields.
  • PAT - No, no, not wasted. They suggest scooping out the flesh first, then using it for smoothies, pina coladas, any pineapple recipe or just eat it. I can recommend my pineapple pie (actually a tart).

• Oh, that's OK then! I really like fresh pineapple and would not want to see any go to waste. Whereas I'm not a fan of pumpkin. But then I don't like Halloween anyway - so why am I concerned about it?!?!?
  • Yum, yes -- I like pineapple so I'll be over for that tart, AQ!

Also not a fan of the imported idea of Halloween. But we love pumpkin pie, so often get a cheap one to cook.
  • This household is seriously against Hallowe'en shenanigans - although I too like pumpkin pie!

Feeling a bit odd today - brain is slightly disconnected due to flu vaccine. Will not do much today!
  • Welcome home Annette, that is really some drive, thank goodness you are home safe.

Good to hear everyone is getting their shots, I have yet to get the flu shot this week. Winter is coming here in the northern hemisphere, and we are all hunkering down. Except for AQ, who must be looking forward to garden season!
  • Annette, Thank you so much for the lovely photo of a sweet little girl and for the copy of Linda's first poem about her! Did you take the photo?
    Linda, Thank you so much for a fabulous poem!
    I will be smiling for the rest of the day, remembering both!
    OG and anyone else who has or will have a booster jab--hope you feel better soon or have no after-effects at all. I had a very sore arm for the best part of a week, could not even raise my left arm above my head without pain, but I would happily have that every six months for the rest of my life rather than have the virus!
    I never liked the idea of children begging for treats in their neighbourhoods or most other things associated with Halloween, but I have always loved pumpkin pie, well, pumpkin in any form! I imagine pumpkins are only associated with Halloween because they ripen about the time of the holiday and they can readily be carved into any sort of face you like. If Halloween had chanced to be in June instead, it might have become associated with strawberries and cream, with evil faces drawn in the cream on top, possibly with a drizzling of chocolate for the teeth! The possibilities are endless...
    Also, I love pineapple. Mr GB made a fabulous pineapple upside-down cake last week and it was very yummy!
    Apologies for not mentioning everyone--hope all have a satisfactory rest-of-the-week. I love reading everyone's comments--thank you, everyone!
  • Love the idea of having a celebration in June, Ann!!

It's been warm for October, but today is supposed to be the last chance for us to bask in it as it will get colder after tomorrow. Sue has had torrential rain in Wales, since she managed a short walk this morning, but we have had a dry day here.

My OH had his booster jab yesterday, and his arm is OK but he has been overcome with tiredness this afternoon.
  • Evening all:  Watching The Season of the Osprey on PBS's program Nature.  Some great photography.

Lindybird:  Have a good visit with Matthew!

Gardenbirder:  Yes, took the photo with my phone.

Take care everyone!