Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Sorry this new thread is later than usual.

Have a good week, all!

• Good afternoon, all. I'm pleased to say that Limpy will have his booster jab on November 8th. I shouldn't be too far behind him.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• PAT - From experience I know that some docs think that to show unconcern will reassure the patient..
    I remember taking a patient to see the doc, who was sitting doing not very much, in the ward office. I knew what was wrong with her but of course, diagnosis was not a part of my job. He looked up briefly, said ' Its shingles' and that was it !!!!
  • Morning all:  Exhaustion put  me out by 8:30 last night; amazing considering the four lanes of 24/7 traffic roaring by across the parking lot and the miles-long freight trains rumbling endlessly on the adjacent tracks.  Eegads. And still they say we have a supply-chain problem....   Remind me to insist on a room at the back next time.  Rained through the night but dry now.  Am finishing cup of coffee before I give myself a cat's lick and promise (as my mother would say) run a brush through my hair, scarf down quick breakast, throw stuff  in the car and head home.

Gardenbirder:  Will post Lindy's original poem and the photo that inspired it in the next day or so.

PatO:  Glad you're feeling better.

• ANNETTE - glad to see you are part of the way home - wishing you well for remainder of journey.

PAT - good to see you are on the road to recovery.

CLARE -- went for my booster covid and flu jabs this morning - dry when we went, but rain started as we came out - wet through when we had to get into and out of car - yukk.

Had a near-fall before we went - but OH caught me and put me back on my feet. A nasty shock - still a bit shaken.
  • OG - So glad that EE saved you from a fall x
  • Goodness, - OG. What a good thing that EE was nearby. And yes, it does shake you up. My OH had his booster jab today so we are pretty jabbed up except I need my flu jab sometime.

Annette, safe journey back.

Pat - Good that you're on the mend. Sounds as if it's taken a lot out of you. Take care of yourself and try to have extra rest before getting back into the swing of things.

I had a successful outing and even bought some Christmas sweaters for the g'children (they soon sell out, as I discovered last year) Also bought some of M&S delicious pies and fish, to stock up the freezer. My OH bought a leather belt as he had some cheap ones a while ago which didn't last.

My OH cancelled his golf for this week as he wanted to help me around the place. Also, we are going to see little Matthew on his birthday on Thursday which is usually a golf day.

• Evening all:  Got home in fairly good time today after a pleasant drive through LA, which was sparkling clean after the rainstorm.  There was a sprinkling of snow on the mountains behind the hotel and more on the higher peaks behind the city although much of it had already disappeared.  

Have read everyone's news but won't attempt individual responses - except for Gardenbirder's request for a reprint of Lindybird's now-famous poem about Ms. D, penned back in 2014!  :-)

How delightful to see

the delightful Ms D

(just turned age 3)

down on the farm,

where checkered shirts are the norm,

and blue shoes are worn.

A bright hat and a smile -

so cheerful and free!

• PAT - Glad you are on the mend and eating.

OG – Oh do take care, EE may not be close by another time. Good you have the jabs done.

LINDA – Great you are both jabbed now. C-mas shopping! We are in midst of Halloween promotions. We are encouraged to help the pineapple industry by creating spooky pineapple carvings.

ANNETTE – Back safe & sound. Now rest.

Aussieland is about to start vaccine boosters. However there is uneven coverage with double jabs; ACT (Canberra) has 90% double jabbed, NSW 85%, VIC 77%. Our state has a mere 63% probably because we have had low covid cases compared to states with major outbreaks. Various restrictions will ease at 70% & 80%.

• Just a thought

A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you’re attempting can’t be done. (Terry Pratchett)

• AQ - What a waste of good pineapple!!!