Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Sorry this new thread is later than usual.

Have a good week, all!

• Hello everyone. Apologies for no specific replies, but I hope that any of your various problems or issues sort themselves out to your satisfaction or disappear completely!

AQ's last list of sayings reminded me of a notice on a friend's fridge in her kitchen/dining room (sadly she died last year at age 94). It read: "Come in, sit down, converse. It doesn't always look like this--sometimes it's worse!"

• Lindybird:  This one's for you.  I told Ms.D I wanted to take a photo of her with the framed version of your poem (written back in March 2014) because you were surprised and pleased to know that she still had it. "But it's keepsake,"  she said:  Here you go:

• Just "Wow" Annette --- -- many thanks, and what a gorgeous smile from the lovely girl she is growing into.

I am still discovering what ails me and will write later about it. It has been worrying for both my OH and myself, and now I think I might have got to the bottom of it. Your photo has cheered me up.

Dull and grey here but not too cold. I'm going to tackle the ironing pile which has been breeding again, and my OH is off to get one of the cars tested for its M.O. T. (Ministry of Transport Road certificate for cars over 3 years old).
  • Sadly my sis in law Sue has been in Wales for several days, staying in our holiday home, but has had the worst weather -- horizontal rain and blustery wind, so she has not been out much!!
  • Thank you BLUESKY & GARDENBIRDER for your quotes. Love them.

ANNETTE – Goodness gracious! MsD is no longer a littl’un. Hasn’t she grown up into a beautiful young lady.

DIBNLIB – Well done to your niece.

LINDA - {{{HUGS}}}

I had my MOT this morn - the one-year-on mammogram. Results when I see surgeon next week. Meanwhile I can relate to ANNETTE’s “every nasty, rare and incurable disease”. Especially when I feel strange twinges in the middle of the night.

• Just a thought

Not all storms come to disrupt your life. Some come to clear your path.

• AQ - I hope that your mammogram has not found anything untoward.

I tried to contact my Doctor but of course Mondays are terrible days to try to get anything done medically, as the whole health system seems to close down totally for the weekends, now, except for emergencies, and consequently everyone is fighting for attention on a Monday. Finally got through after waiting ages on the phone, only to be told that if I want to speak to a particular person, I'll have to wait until Friday......<sigh>
  • LINDY - things sound more positive, I look forward to reading about it, if you know what I mean.
  • Lindy - Couldn't agree more about trying to speak to a medical person. I needed to contact someone pretty urgently this morning. First tried 111 - hung on for half an hour listening to someone telling me my call would be answered very soon. Then tried 111 online - who told me I should go immediately to the nearest A and E. Finally I rang my GP surgery. First I got told off by the Receptionist because I had chosen the 'emergency' number from the menu. I told her I considered it was an emergency - she insisted on details (I hate giving personal information to a Receptionist!!!) and agreed that yes, it was an emergency. She told me a doctor would ring me in the next two hours. And amazingly, she did. She certainly put my mind at rest - in my head I was being blue-lighted to the nearest A and E Department! She reckons it's an unpleasant but not serious bacterial infection, and gave me an appointment - yes, a real live face to face appointment - for tomorrow. Amazing what a difference it makes when someone actually listens to you! So I'll continue with my bland diet of bananas and porridge for a bit longer.

• Thank goodness you had success in the end, PAT. Some GP practices seem to be functioning better than others. OH said that J was seen, I'm thinking quite quickly.