WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) Sunday, October 17, 2020

Welcome to the new week all.  :-)

• Sunshine and drizzly showers here today, so a slow day - maybe some catching up! Had a very uncomfortable night - never knew when I was asleep and when awake. Leg is slow to wake this morning.
  • Morning all:  Well glad to see none of you have been "raptured" during the night, athough it seems like Diane and Heather weren't having any fun.   We had a skunk in the back garden and when daughter let Pearl out at midnight, she took off after it and poor daughter had a heckuva time getting her back in before she was sprayed.  

Diane: That project sounds like a real bear.  I hope you don't get too much hassle from the editors....

bluesky:  I shall have to remember to use that definition.  :-)   Don't get that program unfortunately...

A busy day here - off to Home Depot with daughter and Ms. D today.  Granddaughter at work, but we'll all have a day together tomorrow before I head home Monday.  Santa Barbara and LA environs are expecting a lot of rain first thing Monday and they're already issuing evacuation warnings for the SB burn fire area (poor people!) because of possible debris flows given there's nothing holding the soil in place....   As far as driving is concerned, it'll be the first rain of the season, so roads will be slick with oil, etc., deposits and that situation usually results in all kinds of accidents because of clueless drivers who won't slow down for the conditions.  Duh.  

Must hose down and get moving....

• Sorry your legs are keeping you from getting proper rest, OG. :-(

Annette, sounds as if you'll have a full and busy time there but nice to see the family. Safe journey back!

I went to the supermarket but felt quite unwell when halfway round filling my trolley. I'm becoming more convinced it must be something in my head which makes me feel odd - maybe my inner ear. Doctor wants me to take iron tablets for several weeks then see if I'm still anaemic but I think that's only part of the story. Felt better when I met an elderly lady who looked distressed, so I stopped by and offered to help. She was rummaging in her bag for her keys but couldn't find them. I said "It's frustrating, but they usually fall to the bottom" Eventually after quite a bit of searching, she found them. I was relieved to see just a front door key as couldn't imagine her driving. She said thank you to me for my support, but then said "Don't grow old, it's no fun" - I replied that I was beginning to have arthritis so I knew what she meant -- then she said "I'm 101 years old!!!" She is still managing to live alone in a tiny sheltered flat near the supermarket. After that, I felt quite young and sprightly!!!