WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) Sunday, October 17, 2020

Welcome to the new week all.  :-)

• Kath, I'm so jealous about your goldfinches. Such pretty birds. We get one or two only, in spite of trying various kinds of seeds to tempt them. I think most of them are around the corner at our neighbours as they get at least a dozen, they say!!
  • You are really going to hate me then. I get them all day and in groups of upto 30!!! I have the smallest open garden as well.

But I currently have 4 sunflower heart feeders out so think they have told there sisters, brothers, cousins, auntie's, uncles, nieces, nephews....RoflRoflRoflRoflRofl
  • You lucky thing!! What fun they are to watch.
  • Baking day. . . it sort of spread out over much of the day with many rests between making a mess in kitchen. Result is a good stash of bacon pinwheels for future lunches and chicken croquettes for future dinners. Besides the normal onion & chives, I laced the latter with grated carrot & zucchini and celery chopped fine. I hope they taste OK – it’s one way of getting a reluctant vegie-eater to eat vegies.

• Just a thought

Staying positive doesn’t mean you have to be happy all the time. It means even on bad days you know there are better times coming.

• A great quote today, AQ!

Good Morning. Very cold outside today, says my OH. Gone off to golf with a big sweater on.

Well done on the baking session, AQ. Nice to know you have put things in stock. My d.in law puts grated carrot in her home made muffins to get veg into Matthew, who is not keen. Apparently, after having two fussy children, they are now in shock to find that baby Rosie will eat practically anything!!

I'm off to have a shower in the downstairs bathroom, as there is a h u g e spider Spider in the little one we have upstairs. Ugh.
  • I used to tell my OH that there was a tarantula in the bathroom, or wherever !
  • KATH - get well soon, but sorry that will mean returning to work when you so enjoy time with the birds at home. Goldfinches seem really prolific this autumn - pleased you have them too.

AQ - our baking session today is cancelled due to J needing more help from OH. He took him to doc yeserday teatime and she says she can't find anything out of place in the arm - two weeks rest and pain relief are all she can offer.

I have received my boosters appt - next Tuesday at lunchtime, so a swap around of planned meals. OH says his shoulders were less painful the second night.
  • I told my OH last night that I'd seen this monster, but forgot to remind him this morning before he abandoned me to my fate.....

Of course, whilst I was covered in soap in said shower, I heard Bonnie give her "someone's come up the driveway" bark. It was a parcel of a heavy cooking pot which I'd ordered and was looking out for. Never mind, they'd left it on the step & I hauled it in once I'd got dressed. It comes with a big fat recipe book too, so I fancy having a go at something new.