WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) Sunday, October 17, 2020

Welcome to the new week all.  :-)

• Thanks, Annette! I forgot all about it...sigh. I was working.

• Thank you, ANNETTE!
    AQ,- Well, my son in law is certainly moving around. I thought he had remained in Perth but heard yesterday that he has been in Darwin, offshore. He says that it is very hot and humid. Now, he is about to fly to Tasmania for a couple of weeks. Should be cooler?
  • ANNETTE – Thanks for leaping to the rescue of our overworked DIANE.

HEATHER – Yes, I believe Darwin is hot & humid. TAS is much cooler. Hobart’s max this week range 12 to 21 C with one overnight down to 5 C. I hope he is not going to TAS too soon – southern area is in a short lockdown. All because an idiot flew in from NSW without approval, too late in day to be returned, so was placed in a medi-hotel, from which he escaped, was caught 18 hours later. Of course he has covid. Over 1,000 possible contacts. Anyway it is great your s-i-l is getting a chance to see a fair bit of Aussieland. I hope your Dau can bear with the separation.

A rather warm 21 C today – it felt hot in the sun! How am I to cope with 30 on Wednesday?

• Dinosaurs never had vaccines and look at them now.

The first time in history we can save the human race by lying in front of the TV and doing nothing.

I had my patience tested. I am negative.

• Thanks, AQ, I'll pass the info on. The big boss over there seems to be doing everything he can to keep SiL in Australia - apparently he is known for doing that. SiL is due home in early November after two months away. Daughter and my granddaughters miss him a lot, this rotation is not particularly family friendly...
  • Good Morning, and thanks to Annette for keeping us in order.

A grey drizzly start to the day here: it was so dark I thought I had risen too early!

Heather, your s.in law sounds as if he's having an interesting adventure Down Under. Hope he can get home to his family soon.
  • aquilareen said:
    an idiot flew in from NSW without approval, too late in day to be returned, so was placed in a medi-hotel, from which he escaped, was caught 18 hours later. Of course he has covid. Over 1,000 possible contacts.

It feels like the year's understatement to call this person an idiot.  Sounds like they need a particularly gruesome and very isolated cell.

• Thinking about it, though, when I was at school in Plymouth there were children whose fathers were away on Royal Navy ships, usually in the Far East, for eighteen months at a time.
  • Read your comments on last week's thread about dog ownership and your preference for cats, Lindy. When Helen was much younger she used to pester us for a dog - and Limpy would also have loved to have a dog. I refused to have one and (remarkably!) what I said went. Helen, even then, had a habit of wanting things, getting them and then losing interest all too quickly. Limpy would certainly not have lost interest but as his disablement has worsened I had an idea who would be walking it in all weathers, and picking its poo up! I'm very glad we are dog-free as so many of the places we visit don't allow dogs and it wouldn't be fair on the dog.
  • We can enjoy more of Mull. As someone has already posted Mull is featured on Countryfile tonight. Also Autumnwatch begins broadcasting on Tuesday, October 26th. Once again the team are in various locations around the UK. Megan McCubbin is in Mull. Something good to look forward to.