Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 October 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on 6 October, next Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a good autumn week. The trees are just beginning to turn a bit yellow here. No strong colors yet.

• Diane:  Thank you!  I got busy finally cleaning 'my' room, which required moving furniture, etc. and ended up sorting through books that I can donate to the library.

Rosy: I hope all your business involves good thing!

• Annette: No problem. Please come here and clean my house when you finish your room. The spiders are taking over this place. LOL And I have a bunch of small wasps who apparently intend to winter on my enclosed porch. I don't know how they got in. They're pollinators, and they don't seem to be aggressive, so I guess I'll let them stay.
  • Thank you DIANE. Here, the leafy greens are appearing on the bare limbs, blossoms are, well, blooming.

Dau & Co called in after lunch for Miss10 to collect her birthday “loot”. She had already chosen the 500-piece Mineralogy jigsaw from the book-week catalogue. I added a fat fiction book and an A to Z of mineralogy. The latter was devoured immediately. I am amazed how much she knows already as she explained & elaborated on the minerals & gems depicted. I hope she continues; we need scientists.

As the forecast today was “rain clearing”, I queried Dau whether they would still visit beach and she said the family had discussed it and MissL declared with a deadpan face that there would be more water in the water. They left us mid-pm for the beach – it was windy. Brr. However they were well layered with warm clothes. No swimming, just sand play.

DownUnder changed last night to daylight saving. In some states, we lose an hour, others stay usual time, so we have 5 not 3 time zones for summer. Pity the interstate airlines, etc with their timetables!

• I went to bed last night and lost an hour while I slept. If only losing weight were so easy.

The hour I lost today was the hour I was planning on going to the gym.

Does changing my clock mean I can now have chocolate for breakfast and wine for lunch?

• aquilareen said:
    The latter was devoured immediately. I am amazed how much she knows already as she explained & elaborated on the minerals & gems depicted. I hope she continues; we need scientists.

Wonderful,lovely to watch their faces ,when Grandma hits on a fab choice. Well done, and yep,do hope her enthusiasm will be encouraged in education system.

You way ahead of us, time change. Uk 31st Oct, so will definitely save your thoughts CHOL:):)

• But KATE, won't you gain an hour? So only the third thought applies? Tee Hee Hee

• AQ.....Yep!!!!    UK........'Fall back'......'Spring forward'

• That only confuses me further -- I've been known to say "Fall forward, Spring back!!!"
  • Woke up with a streaming cold on Saturday - miserable all day. Weather was same as me - streaming and even storming in the afternoon. J has gone to his church this morning, E-E has stayed home and we have cleared some paperwork. Still not feeling good, so will have a quiet day. Seem to remember Friday was okay with podiatry here in the morning. Busy week ahead - includes two hospital visits!
  • Lindybird said:
    That only confuses me further -- I've been known to say "Fall forward, Spring back!!!"

CHOL:):)

Lindy think                    USA....Fall              ( Autumn Winter)...dropping back

UK..... Spring......   (  buds,beginning to blossom)   going forward

Just to confooooose you even more CHOL:):)