Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week. Healing and recovered health to those who are ailing. Good journeys to those who are traveling.

Check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's lovely and interesting photos. 

• ,,, and occasionally mine derail ...
  • Good afternoon.  If anyone would like to see photos from our return visit to Saltholme click on this gorgeous wheatear:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Every so often I read a news story that is just so ludicrous I can't stop myself from laughing!  Check this out.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Fantastic photos as,ever, CLARE, thank you !
  • Great pictures, Clare. Thank you. And for the story - I needed to check the date ... thought it might have been 01 April!
  • Clare: Lovely pix, I do like the pied wagtail. Had a good laugh at the Turkey story. Oh my.
  • My PC just wished me “Good evening” but to me this is still afternoon due to the sunshine which we have enjoyed all day – windy and cold but none of the heavy rain which was threatening us. J drove his first time down to Gretna this morning with no problems, and a breakfast in Costa. He says there are a lot of empty retail units, but they are still partway through refurbishing and rebadging as “Caledonian Village”. Meanwhile we had the podiatrist here – also no problems. New washing machine is working hard and catching up with the huge backlog of laundry.

LINDA – sorry about the wet return trip and roadworks. BTW, you haven’t mentioned Sue’s Son’s shoulder repair lately – how is he doing?

PAT – plan B sounds very enjoyable!

DIANE – will there be any way you can protect the tyres of your intended new vehicle from the Vultures?

HEATHER – you haven’t said much recently – I hope you are okay.

CLARE – lovely Kestrel photos among your return visit to Saltholme - and I particularly like to see Lapwing and Pied Wagtail too. Loved the “missing man” story from Turkey!

I see some clouds are beginning to appear across the Firth, moving very fast, but not stopping the sunshine.
  • Thanks for the nice comments on the photos. I'm now starting to go through what I actually took on Mull .......... this is going to take a while. I got seriously carried away - the place is full of obliging hooded crows and common buzzards and it seemed that both species were just begging to be photographed!

• Clare, I was in pleats reading about the Turkey story, which I had seen earlier that day. Loved your excellent photos, especially the geese which I love, and the wagtails.

OG - Sue's son had some physio today and is going there regularly. Although it will be some time before he ditches his arm sling, he is hoping to go back to work soon. Thank you for asking. He is a very resilient person, having been through some physical problems before in his life, and overcame them.
  • It was just that! Profound.

I hope to return tto Monhegan soon, and see what the island has become!  It is very good for bird migration in the spring and fall. Just avoid the tourists in the summer.

Unknown said:
    Doesn't sound as though it was a scary experience, just profound.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs