Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, safe week. Healing and recovered health to those who are ailing. Good journeys to those who are traveling.

Check back to last week's thread to see Lindy's lovely and interesting photos. 

• Unknown said:
    Lindybird: Ice cream AND cheesecake? Oh my.

Erm....yes, and I've hardly moved off my chair here since.. We chose the lightest 1st course which was small slices of melon. We could have had soup or prawns. They brought a small bread roll before we began...  

I don't think I need anything else besides the mug of tea I've just had, till morning.

• Lindy - Your lunch sounds lovely. I would have followed your OH - any sort of crumble for me, please, with plenty of custard! I like cheesecake - but nothing competes with crumble!! Haven't had roast pork for ages.

I think I'm back to rude health again, thank goodness. My eye is still a bit puffy, but not a problem. And I've stopped coughing, sneezing and mopping up eyes and nose. I've been no further than the rubbish bins today. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be skipping around like a spring lamb!

I've been glued to my television and The Ryder Cup. Very disappointed with the American crowd - I'm sure it's only a small proportion, but an extremely vocal one. Booing the Europeans on the first tee, applauding European errors as loudly, if not louder than American successes. And constant chanting 'USA! USA' It's not quite so bad this morning, so perhaps something has been said. Of course both sides want to win - and when it was played in France three years ago there was constant shouting - but at least they were applauding good shots from both teams. I certainly don't remember any boos, or applauding the opposition's poor shots. And one American player complaining his shot wasn't conceded - it was actually quite a long way from the pin! His language was not pretty. I'm sure it would help if they banned alcohol - but of course they want to sell as much as they can! I used to think golf was a 'fair' game - now I'm not so sure, at least not when it's Europe versus USA. Far too much intimidation, and not a lot of sportsmanship.

Hope everyone has enjoyed a peaceful Sunday. I went to an online service this morning - first time for a while. I'll venture out tomorrow ...
  • I should add the American team played some wonderful golf and thoroughly deserved to win. Apart from one notable exception, all my moans are directed ti a small proportion of the crowd.
  • Pat, I've not seen any of the Ryder Cup yet for this year, but I remember last time when I was very shocked by the unsportsmanlike booing, and chanting. Not what you'd expect for a game of golf, where there are quite a few traditions and niceties, and certainly everyone appears to have manners.
  • Pat, I've not seen any of the Ryder Cup yet for this year, but I remember last time when I was very shocked by the unsportsmanlike booing, and chanting. Not what you'd expect for a game of golf, where there are quite a few traditions and niceties, and certainly everyone appears to have manners.
  • PatO;  Unfortunately, the behavior of the US fans doesn't surprise me at all.   Or the player who was whining about his shot either.  We seem to have spawned a generation of rude spoiled brats.  They must be fans of the Orange Menace.

• Annette - Funny you should say that. I certainly had memories of the Orange Menace while 'experiencing' the behaviour of some of the fans over the weekend. Rude spoiled brats sums it up well. Wonder how they will behave next time in Italy?
  • ANNETTE - wrote "Lindybird: Ice cream AND cheesecake? Oh my."

Hey! She's gotta make up for all those missed outings under lockdown!

• Visits always give pleasure — if not the arrival, the departure. (Portuguese Proverb)

I don’t have a welcome mat at my door because I am not a liar.

To be an ideal guest, stay at home.