Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on Monday, 6 September, or Tuesday, 7 September, depending on your location.

I hope everyone has a happy week full of joy and love!

(Happy Labor Day to Annette and bjane!)

• HEATHER – Your s-i-l would have been transferred by bus to the Playford – 20 per 50-seat bus. He will be looked after but not allowed to leave his room. He is covid tested on days 1, 5, & 13. Our authorities take aerosol transmission seriously and he would be told to wait 30 secs before opening door for food, etc deliveries. He has to clean own room, can order in takeaways, has access to health care. If he tests positive he is moved (ambulance, full PPE) to Toms Court Hotel, our dedicated medi-hotel. If he were to get worse, then transferred to Royal Adelaide Hospital. Boredom is probably the biggest danger.

ANNETTE – I doubt he would have been allowed out of the dedicated transit area during the 18 hours in Qatar. Our s-i-l spent 8 hours in Sydney “locked up” when travelling to New Zealand.

OG – OH is feeling gradually better. He is never sick and I think it was a surprise for him; a case of “man-flu”.

Dau’s cats are allowed outside by day – they don’t leave backyard. At night the pet door is locked.

• Did St. Francis preach to the birds? Whatever for? If he really liked birds he would have done better to preach to the cats. (Rebecca West)

As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat. (Ellen Perry Berkeley)

A cat isn’t fussy – just so long as you remember he likes his milk in the shallow rose-patterned saucer and his fish on the blue plate. From which he will take it, and eat it off the floor. (Arthur Bridges)

• AQ: Cute cat sayings. Thanks for enlightening me on travel protocol. Arghhh.
  • AQ/Heather: Wowie! I would gladly stay in the Playford Hotel for 2 weeks and watch TV in such luxury--not having to interact with anyone. Perfect introvert vacation!

• LINDY: Enjoy your special time with your family. Have a great visit!

All: More replies tomorrow. 

• Diane: I could stay hang out there too - as long as there was a good minibar, room service and a view.
  • Annette: I wouldn't even need the minibar or an especially pretty view. Just give me hot and cold tea, a monster bag of Coffee Nut M&Ms, and good TV. Of course, I'd need room service to bring me meals (takeaways). They'd have to drag me out of there kicking and streaming. LOL!!!

• ANNETTE & DIANE – I am not sure you would enjoy quarantine stay. For a start it would cost you $3,000 for the 2 weeks. Tennis players & pop stars get the great views. I don’t suppose room service or restocking the minibar are high priority. And if you were silly enough to leave your room, you will appear on CCTV, likely get arrested.

• SiL sent photos of his room. It's a large double room with all mod cons - mini bar has water fruit juice and snacks. Large wall mounted TV with lots of channels, two aramchairs, a table to eat/ work with two dining chairs. Large full length sliding doors open on to what we would call a Juliet balcony. Three meals a day, no choice but has a menu. He can order groceries/ takeaway food if he needs to. AQ is probably right about the view - he sent a pic of the car park ! Anyway, we'll see how things go....