Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on Monday, 6 September, or Tuesday, 7 September, depending on your location.

I hope everyone has a happy week full of joy and love!

(Happy Labor Day to Annette and bjane!)

• PatO:  I didn't plan for cool temps on my trip north of San Francisco where it was unseasonably cool in spite of wildfires farther inland.  My friend had extra jackets, but didn't need them. Still, not my best-planned trip.  I usually take too much.  You guys are way ahead of us re Xmas goodies; we have Hallowe'en to get through first so tubs of candies are much in evidence, but I assume they'll start throwing TxGiving and Xmas stuff at us soon. Yuk.  

Lindybird: It's nice you have places where Bonnie can be a dog.  I tend to feel the same way about cats that are forced to live their lives indoors....

• OG – You should feel much better for your outing even though not an exciting destination. Good news the wound is improving.

HEATHER – A Qatar plane has landed here this morn. I wonder if your s-i-l was on board. Despite a scare last week with some interstate truck drivers (delivering food & goods) testing positive, our state remains free of community transmission.

I haven’t noticed C-mas goodies in shops but much angst that the beloved C-mas Pageant will again be staged at Adelaide Oval with limited numbers seated (instead a street parade & unlimited crowd). OH quickly demolished his Father’s Day chocs. I shall not tell him that I read that chocs are good for Parkinsons – he’d only eat them faster!!! He’s had quite a reaction to his AZ jab with “aching all over”. Chemist when jabbing told him that a reaction would be good as it would mean the vaccine was taking effect. So where does that leave me who never felt anything from either jab? Only joking.

I’m not sure what to wear today, expecting 27 C after overnight min of 8 C.

• Just a thought

Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine. (Mario Fernandez)

• AQ - yes I think he will have been on that plane ! He had a n 18 hour stopover in Qatar but was able to use the business class lounge, so could rest. Now for two weeks hotel quarantine. Edit - he's not due to land until 8.30 pm local time ! He's just messaged my daughter, from the plane.

• Good Morning. Sounds as if your S in L has successfully got to Down Under, Heather so that's one in the eye for The Flat Earth Society!! ;-)

AQ - Sorry your OH had a reaction to his jab: hope it doesn't put him off having another. My son had to go to bed for the afternoon, the day after his jab, but he is fine. Not such a strong reaction on his 2nd jab.

We are dashing around, getting ready to drive south today. Having two days visiting our Eldest with daughter Amber, following her birthday the other day. My OH is saying he wants to avoid some of the motorway sections of our journey - Friday is not a great day to travel but we have no choice. Will post when we arrive.

Have a nice weekend, Everyone.
  • ps. Astounding news that Emma Raducanu is now in the Final of the tennis!!
  • LINDA – Safe journey & enjoy your family. I tried to keep away from motorways & use the A & B roads, when I was driving in UK. Of course I was not going far each day. Er, there was the time I accidentally found myself on the M25. I took the first exit and muddled my way to where I should have been!

• Lindybird said:
    ps. Astounding news that Emma Raducanu is now in the Final of the tennis!!

Not least that she'll be playing another teenager!  I'd love to see Emma win.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• aquilareen said:
    Er, there was the time I accidentally found myself on the M25. I took the first exit and muddled my way to where I should have been!

I'm sure that happens to many people who aren't visitors to this country.  The M25 is a law unto itself.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Enjoy your time with the family, LINDY x
    PAT - I'm sorry about the weather but it seems as if you've enjoyed your leisurely trip North ! A sad occasion but you will feel good that you made the journey.
    HARELADY- welcome home !
    OG - did it feel strange, being on the road?