Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 September 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on Monday, 6 September, or Tuesday, 7 September, depending on your location.

I hope everyone has a happy week full of joy and love!

(Happy Labor Day to Annette and bjane!)

• Thank you Diane..  I came on rightwhen you ended the last week but hadn't started the new week.

Not doing much for Labor Day.  Our Tai Chi group has decided to meet in the parking lot, regardless of whether the Y is open or not and yoga teacher is still planning on getting together in the evening.  Apart from that, I'm staying off the roads and away from crowds....  Be well yourself.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Annette: A good idea to stay away from crowds. In the last two weeks, my rural county has had 399 new cases of COVID. This county has a sparse population of only 38,000, so that many cases is dire. Only 45% of people are fully vaccinated. Local and state politicians are determined to carry on as if the pandemic is over (sending kids back to school with no mask mandate, etc.). The COVID status here is deep red. The hospitals are completely full in Indianapolis and are diverting patients to other regions.

I did have a brief outdoor (patio) and socially distanced visit with my neighbor. One of her fancy chickens--a lovely black and white hen--decided she likes me. She sat on my lap, cooed and cackled, and rubbed her head on me like a cat. She let me pet her, and she tilted her head and listened when I talked. LOL Who knew chickens are so affectionate? Take care of yourself, Annette.

• Thank you DIANE. Happy Holiday to you, ANNETTE, BJANE & others OverThere.

Both Daus phoned for Fathers Day and they are taking him to lunch, #1 in school holidays, #2 tomorrow. Darn, I need not have panic-cleaned, but it’s done for a few days. I managed some weeding after “church” this morn. It’s like flinging, it’s not very noticeable what I’ve done. Normal bedtime from now on, I’ve finished with Tour of Spain as tonight’s telecast begins at 1.20 am. Of course I could be awake again by then. . .

• Well, there is nothing better than putting your feet up on a Sunday afternoon and grabbing a good book. (Chris Klein )

You know what Sunday is, it is a day with a lot of potential for naps. (Polly Horvath)

Qualifications of a pastor: the mind of a scholar, the heart of a child, and the hide of a rhinoceros. (Stuart Briscoe)

• AQ: Oh - and I thought every day was a good day for putting up your feet with a good book - and/or - taking a nap! :-))
  • ANNETTE - One can always practise each day, ready for Sundays!
  • Will I dare to put that final 'thought' into the church news sheet this week?????
  • aquilareen said:
    I’ve finished with Tour of Spain as tonight’s telecast begins at 1.20 am. Of course I could be awake again by then. . .

CHOL:):)

How about looking around Britain,,my part of the country stage 2 tomorrow(Uk)

ITV4 is available on Freeview (channel 25), Freesat (channel 117), Sky (channel 120), Virgin Media (channel 118) and the ITV Hub (online) in the UK.

https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/

www.tourofbritain.co.uk/.../

• Good Morning- Thank you to Diane for starting us off again.

Sunshine here, at last - there have been complaints around the UK about the dull and grim August we were given!! Off to put my smalls on the line, and get ready to go out to a Charity Sale event, outdoors - didn't they pick a good day for it?

AQ -- Great quotes again!
  • Thank you, DIANE.
    A dull day here but hey ho.!
    I'm going out with eldest daughter today, to see the renovations of youngest daughter's parent's in law's house ! They were left the house by a relative who had no children. So, have spent a year extending etc. Then will sell their present home and move to Beauly. I fully expect to feel envious but so pleased for them.