Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 August 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

Can you believe it will be September this coming week?!!! I hope everyone has a safe and serene week. 

I keep trying to get back here to catch up with everyone, but I'm not having much luck. When I arrived back from Indianapolis, I had a long To-Do List of critical tasks. I'm slowly working through it. I'll try to stop in on Monday and do some replies.

Lindy: Have a good time in Wales. 

The 17-year cicadas are long gone, but now our regular August annual cicadas are screaming at the top of their little lungs in the trees. One day when I was dog-sitting, I looked down in horror to see that the smallest dog had vomited up a HUGE pile of cicada parts onto the carpet! She'd been feasting on the bugs outdoors. Oh...it was disgusting!!! Would you think that this innocent little doggy could create such an unholy mess?!!!

• I've done the obligatory laundry and got it outside, even though it's been a grey day with no sun. The whirligig clothes line was folded up, so I fought with it to raise it, when it came out of it's socket in the ground completely and so I nearly went over, still holding arms full of metal and line!! Somehow managed to drop it onto the lawn, then did a good waltz with it to get it erected. It was leaning, but serviceable!

• Oh blimey, Lindy - I can just picture it!! LOL!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• It would have made a good comic clip, Clare!!
  • Quiet on here today. I'm meeting my Brit friend for coffee in the morning, then some errands. Nothing too exciting to report.... Hope everyone has a good Friday.
  • I woke dizzy, maybe a new symptom of spring hayfever, went back to bed & slept all morn. Shopping expedition postponed until next week. Today’s temps half of yesterday’s.
  • How to stay young. Throw out non-essential numbers. This includes age, weight and height.

Birthdays are good for you; the more you have, the longer you live.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

• Oh! Oh! Check this lyrebird at Taronga Park Zoo, Sydney.

• aquilareen said:

Oh! Oh! Check this lyrebird at Taronga Park Zoo, Sydney.

Blimey.  That's sheer torture for any parent!  Our daughter is 21 now but I can still remember the years of that sound ....... you never forget.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Gosh, that's really creepy, AQ!! Sets the hairs up on the back of my neck. I like the quotes today - I'll take the numbers one, and add on waist measurement and number of grey hairs, too...

Hope the dizzy feeling was temporary.

Friday already, and I must get going and stock up on grub. My OH has gone out on another Friday golf competition, so I can read, do ironing and snooze in peace!!
  • I waltzed around the garden lawns,
    Clasped within a lovers arms:
    But not a human lover this,
    Who leans in close to steal a kiss --
    No, no! The grasp of metal cold
    Reminds me that my partner bold
    Is not a human, after all
    But something else, though strong and tall.

The dancing partner who makes me gasp
    And holds me firmly in a grasp
    Is my old friend, the laundry line
    He seems to grab me, all the time
    There's no escaping his attraction
    I have to give in to laundry action!

So off I dance, with shirts and sheets
    With socks and towels, everything neat
    Doing the weekly laundry stint
    Caught in a whirl with no escape
    As more and more laundry we seem to make.