Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 August 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful, wonderful week. Be careful and stay safe, folks. 

• Car service, took longer than expected, they reported tyres need replacing, OH checked & disagrees. Hm. I spent some of waiting time in nearby library until driven out by ”Story Time” ie very young pre-school kids running riot & screaming while parents relaxed. I was so frazzled by noise & trying to breathe thro’ mask, I messed up self check-out. It didn’t record my 7th book, probably because I only had six. I retired to sunshine in park until joined by half a dozen screeching corellas in the gum trees. They were watched by 2 galahs (feathered variety, not human) on power lines and a kookaburra chortling at me. I had left reading glasses home. . .

• Just a thought

Enjoy each day to the fullest and your heart will be full of joy. (John Gray)

• Morning all:   After much debate, I've decided to defnitely head north today - a day late, but AZ granddaughter insisted all under control and daughter much better so no need to zoom to AZ and risk being annoyingly helpful.  Just watch it all fall apart when I'm stuck in traffic on the Golden Gate Bridge!  :-)     Meanwhile, sciatica is still coming and going so am taking an arsenal of various aids for when it does.   Will have laptop so don't think you can get away with anything while I'm gone. :-))

AQ:;  Oh dear, I've had days like that.  To be marooned somewhere without a book or the ability to read it is my idea of purgatory.  Or worse.    And I'm sure that 7th book would have been fascinating. :-))

Lindybird:  Congrats on making it around the garden center without buying anything.  Hope you can bring  your doc's appt forward.  Hugs from here.

• AQ - Commiserations on a rotten day. I thought libraries were supposed to be quiet! They do have Storytime in the library here, but I'm sure they don't let the little 'uns disturb anyone...

Annette -- Glad you're going on your trip but do hope its not too much for you. Take care.

Have had a mixed day myself. Did my errands in the drizzle- I'd put the laundry on the line before I left but the windscreen became wet as I drove into town and everyone in town was scuttling about, some without coats. Got things done, including getting some photos printed, and then called in to get some milk etc. By the time I got home I was whacked.
  • Good evening all.

Sorry about your not so good day, AQ. Everything that could go wrong seems to have gone wrong. Commiserations.

Also sorry that you are not feeling so good Lindy. I hope you can get some joy with the GP appt.

Annette, Good that you felt up to the trip. Hope it goes well, and you do not need too much from that aids arsenal.

Lots of things going wrong here. The good thing is that I am going to meet g'daughter at Heathrow at silly o'clock
    tomorrow. She has been to visit her Dad across the pond. She has just checked in in Chicago.

Various comments about OH's from some of you. Yes, they do forget that we also are not in our first flush of youth!
  • ANNETTE – Safe trip and I hope the sciatica behaves.

LINDA – Please don’t leave Rosie’s jigsaw too long – you will be amazed how quickly she recognizes R is “her” letter and soon after that, she will know her name. Rosie is obviously a child curious about things. (I rephrased from “she is a curious child” LOL)

It’s been years since we were required to be quiet in our libraries. Some parents use then as after-school care locations for the early teens who push & shove, giggle, chatter. Books (& computers) are only wallpaper.

Sunshine all day. They predicted showers. Darn, I should have done the washing. Enormous casserole in oven for tea and future.

• A retired husband is a wife’s full time job.

When a man retires, his wife gets twice as much husband for half as much money. (Chi Chi Rodriguez)

The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off. (Abe Lemons)

• Love today's quotes, AQ!

My parents, although devoted to one another, had more rows than they ever had before, once my father retired and interrupted my mother's routine... I think I would find it hard if my OH did not go out frequently to the golf and the allotment.

Brighter skies here today and I just compared notes over the fence with our neighbour, who had a rather wet end to her stay in the Lake District recently. Sue is still enduring heavy cloud in Wales, which is such a shame as it was her birthday yesterday and she had a day out with her family but they all had to wear raincoats and scuttle indoors frequently.
  • AQ - Rosie is both a curious individual and a curious child!!! Very straight faced and solemn, a lot of the time, as OG pointed out, but very sunny and cheerful when engaged with others. I look forward to getting to know her as she grows up. Her mother reports that she can hold her own against her two big brothers and won't give ground when she wants something, so I expect she'll go far in life, LOL!!

• Lovely pic, LINDY. Yes they are all different ! Little Emilia ( aka Popsie or Millie) is only three, but doesn't let her bigger sister away with a thing !
    I hope that your doc's appointment is satisfactory. I have had warning texts from my doc and also dentist, saying it might be longer to get an appointment. Fortunately, I haven't needed either so far.
    ROSY - good to see you here ! It's great that your granddaughter was able to see her dad. How old is she now ?
    I've been out with eldest daughter today. A bit of shopping and also sorting out my Sky TV account. I was paying a fortune each month.
    AQ - libraries here are generally fairly quiet. I don't think much money is being put into the local library these days, I've probably read everything that I would want to...I do download on to my Kindle, try not to spend more than 99 pence per book.