WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, JULY 11, 2021

Alas!  No pretty pictures a la Diane.  But welcome to the new week anyway.  And don't miss Lindybird's photos of cake and kiddie on last page of last week. 

• Had a pleasant walk at Criccieth today, and here is Bonnie enjoying getting her feet wet in the sea. We had a lovely Welsh made ice cream each after that.  Beautifully sunny all day so we sat around later, then went for a fish & chip meal this evening.

• Tour de France cyclists had 50 km to go and they had to do it without my supervision. After a windy rainy stormy evening, we had a power failure at 11.15 pm. By the time power was restored nearly 2 hours later, the race was over, I had been to bed, couldn’t sleep, was up again & trying to read by torchlight. OH slept through unaware! Weather bleak & freezy this morn but supposed to clear later.

• I don’t have bad handwriting, I have my own font.

The proper definition of a man is an animal that writes letters. (Lewis Carroll)

To write is human, to receive a letter: Divine! (Susan Lendroth)

• AQ...sorry to read about storm, typical,just when you want the outcome. doh!!! I am always a day behind, as OH likes recordings,so he can flick through DOH!!!
    Hope your day will be better, we very HOT(for uk), trying to get OH to wear Summer open toed circulation socks, but does not like any change to routine.....

Lindy..pleased you at Wales , hope you join Bonnie today,with at least a paddle CHOL:):)

Keep well everyone.

• Eagle-eye here today

Just to let her friends know that yesterday OG was admitted to hospital.  She had been suffering much more than usual over the last week, had be attended by paramedics Tuesday night, seen by doctor Wednesday morning and given antibiotics, but then i called doctor again Friday morning and he sent for ambulance to take her in for investigation of various severe additional symptoms of limb pain, weakness, breathlessness - probable infection or something!  She was in a Combined Assessment Unit overnight and will be tested and scanned today.  I haven't visited yet, but should be allowed in later today.  I will give an update when anything further is known.

• EE - Thanks for letting us know.. I'm sending strengthening thoughts to you both.
  • EE - Thank you for letting us know about OG. Thoughts and prayers for both of you - hope all is well and that she is home again very soon.

The most beautiful morning here. I was out and walking around our lovely grounds just after 6.00am and had the exciting experience of seeing our resident kingfisher sitting on top of the duck house in the middle of the lake. Only the second time in twelve years that I have seen he kingfisher - what a joy! Also rescued a rather nice wooden garden table from the rubbish area - now to give it a good scrub. I've been looking for something like that for years! And all this before breakfast ... now I can settle, with a clear conscience, to a day in front of the television watching golf.
  • Oh, EE, thank you for letting us know. I'm sending hugs to you three and my very best wishes for her speedy recovery xx