WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY, JULY 11, 2021

Alas!  No pretty pictures a la Diane.  But welcome to the new week anyway.  And don't miss Lindybird's photos of cake and kiddie on last page of last week. 

• Just trying to put another perspective on it, Heather. You are right to feel pressured as after all, it is all your own decision. I'm sure they have your best interests at heart. It's possible they think that you're not coping well with the house & garden, but you sound fine to me!
  • Just trying to put another perspective on it, Heather. You are right to feel pressured as after all, it is all your own decision. I'm sure they have your best interests at heart. It's possible they think that you're not coping well with the house & garden, but you sound fine to me!
  • No problem LINDY! I understood what you were saying and why x. I've got my lovely lady gardeners looking after the back garden and I had the front garden hard landscaped a couple of years ago. As for dust bunnies, well I seem to be mostly on top of them ( I did say mostly!).
  • Heather - tell them to Bu**er off! Do what's best for you and you alone.

I have had other folks in my family that have been pressurised into doing what they think is best for others - but not for them. Stick to you guns.

• Evening all: Family visit going very well, but not happy to read that Heather has felt pressured to make decisions she's not comfortable with. When I was working for the American Association of Retired Persons' membership publication, I handled the financial/estate planning column and remember talking to one attorney who told me I wouldn't believe how money could create such problems within a family. HEATHER: I'm wondering what the stepson was thinking would happen to your current home if you moved...... And what do your daughters think?

Take care everyone.
  • Good Morning All. Dry here, although it looks as if we've had a heavy dew in the night.

My OH is off to get his toothache fixed - he's been suffering with it for ages but would not plead with the dentist for an earlier appointment. <sigh>

Heather, I hope you've slept, after all the discussion of your situation. I hope you can resolve it with your relatives, and that they realise that you are fully entitled to your own opinion on it. {{Hugs}}
  • HEATHER – Dau#1 some years ago suggested nursing home for us. No Way! I’ve done time in boarding school & I like my freedom. Sending {{{HUGS}}} for you to resist any hasty decisions.

Late afternoon and we are awaiting the predicted very strong winds & storm. Torches ready for the power failure. Oh no, tonight is the last night in the mountains for Tour de France.

Sydney Delta outbreak getting too close to home. It started a month ago with a driver transporting air crew (in isolation until they depart). He failed to wear a mask and NSW failed to call a severe lockdown and so covid spread. Last week 3 furniture removalists from NSW travelled to VIC then SA and returned home. Now 2 have tested positive. In SA they only visited the delivery house (family now in isolation) and 2 service stations for food & fuel. Health authorities now busy contact tracing and SA is back to slight restrictions (50% capacity, masks, get tested, etc). However VIC has a snap severe 5-day lockdown.

• The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not. (Mark Twain)

If you're going for a plant-based diet, why is there a push to make it the taste and texture of a meat product that you're trying to get people to stop eating?

Nine out of ten people like chocolate, the tenth person always lies.