MANTON BAY – JULY 2021

• Well we cannot stay any longer so we have to say bye bye for now and thank you Karen nice to 'talk' and share the love for this family :-) until the next time we wish them all well in their development and learning and hope we get to see them again before they go! And of course, we wish you all the very best too Karen.
    Lyn and Mike
  • Always sad leaving but I suppose you must LAM.

I cannot thank you enough for sharing your visit with us - it really is great getting off cams reports. Today seems to have been much quieter and only a handful of visits to the nest.

Safe journey home and "talk soon"
  • 15:26   Brief visit to the nest from 095

close up

© Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust

• In reply to Karen:

Thank you Karen.
    It must be over 24 hours since 33 delivered a fish to the nest as his last 3 deliveries have all been to 096 on the perch or in the tree! Will he bring one to the nest for 095 we wonder ?
  • In reply to LAM:

That's right LAM as it was Maya who brought 095 the fish this morning. I too wonder if Maya got it from 33 or caught it herself?

Meant to ask you - is there anyone in the VC and did you visit? Just curious with the lack of cam movement as if it had not been for you, we would have had no idea about 33 feeding 096 on the T Perch!

• In reply to Karen:

Yes Karen the visitor centre was open again but they have had flooding and Abi wasn't there but I think the wadescape hide has also been closed. I'm not sure if there have been any volunteers as we have been in shallow water hide all the time.
  • 17:22 FISH !!!

I hope she does not attempt to take off with it!!!

• Oh, no - off she goes

At least she held on to it  for she has returned with it !!

she has risen up with it and back down on the nest 

Now eating

Fingers crossed she stays on the nest, takes her share then leaves it for Maya !

• In reply to LAM:

LAM said:
    Yes Karen the visitor centre was open again but they have had flooding and Abi wasn't there but I think the wadescape hide has also been closed. I'm not sure if there have been any volunteers as we have been in shallow water hide all the time.

Thanks LAM for as well as no cam movement I did wonder about their announcement the other day about having to close as it gave no reason other than circumstances beyond their control.