Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 June 2021

I hope everyone has a serene and joyful week! The June Solstice is Sunday evening or Monday depending on your location. Insert your nearest city or town in the search box on Time and Date to see the exact time for your area. 

• DIANE – Thank you for starting us again and alerting us to solstice. Ours is tomorrow 1.02 pm. Interesting to note that the sun rose 7 mins earlier this morn than on 3 April (the day before daylight saving left us).

HEATHER – When does s-i-l arrive? You can reassure your Dau - Today's report:- “The WA Health Department has reported no new cases of COVID-19 overnight. The department is currently monitoring two active cases of the virus in hotel quarantine.” - both probably returned travellers undergoing their 2 weeks.

• Just a thought

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. (Aldous Huxley)

• Thank you very much to those who asked whether I've had any quake aftershocks. Nope, no more shaking.

But I did receive a CodeRed phone call this Saturday morning around 4:00 a.m., and the emergency radio started blasting. CodeRed is the system that many communities use to warn people of a severe threat, usually weather. The National Weather Service had issued a Flood Warning and advised me to leave my home and seek higher ground immediately. Not sure where I was supposed to go in the dark at 4 a.m. in a sizzling lightning storm. LOL! I didn't evacuate, but I did listen to hear whether the creek flooding was nearing the house. The storm delivered heavy torrential rain, and some areas had baseball-sized hail! Lots of cars with no windshields in Indiana today. Wish I could have sent that rain to Annette or AQ!

The Universe is really testing my mettle right now!!!

• Stay safe, Diane! And thank you for starting us off again.

We had a small amount of rain in the night but barely enough to water the garden. It's Father's Day here, & our Eldest has sent a mug with Dad and Dog photo on the front, taken many years ago when Bonnie was but a pup. My OH was entranced by it, and I had to take a dozen photos of them together with the mug, to show them

• Awww. That's a lovely, meaningful gift, Lindy.
  • My new peony, which has only had one bloom on it, is finally open revealing lots of frilly petals. They don't like being moved so it's been growing next to our original one for 3 or 4 years before producing a bud. Hopefully, if I feed it and talk to it nicely, next year there will be more flowers on it!

• Unknown said:
    Awww. That's a lovely, meaningful gift, Lindy.

Yes, certainly is, Diane. Just altered one of my pics for you:

• Thank you DIANE -
    AQ - thank you very much. We're not sure when he's going but it probably won't be before 5th July, now. There is work to do in Aberdeen, connected with the Australian job, apparently !
  • LINDY lovely pics, thank you as always.
    DIBNLIB - Congratulations to your OH on his win !
    ANNETTE - I'm going to look up that tree of yours - what a pity though, about the orange tree...
    DIANE - stay safe ! I wonder what the cicadas will do ?
    OG - has the car seat thing arrived from Sweden yet ?
    Not much happening here. I Have just put the refuse bins out for collection early tomorrow. Not sure how newsworthy that is :-)