Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 June 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful summer week! 

• It's gone very cloudy here. Did some weeding, which was satisfying. Love to pull up the big ones!!

My OH has gone off for the whole day on a golf trip. It looks as if he will have a dry day at least, and not hot. I don't mind pottering about and finding small things to do which have been waiting for me to Get Around To It. Just read an entire (small) book, a funny book about cats which someone gave me. I do miss having a cat - not compatible with having a dog who chases them, and also, frequently going away.
  • Morning all:

Diane!  That's exciting  :-). I can imagine the reaction. I just looked on the USGS website and yes, very close to you and I'm always intrigued that these things can be felt on such a 'patchy' widespread basis.   Did you fill out the Did You Feel It? questionnaire?    Interesting about the cicada tunnels.....   Meanwhile, maybe a good idea to keep that hardhat handy and - seriously - I assume you know how to turn off the gas supply to your house?

Sounds like UK gardens are getting some needed water.....

• Annette: I'd already turned off the gas when the roof damage occurred a while back. Thanks, though! I've been using a countertop electric oven and an electric heater. I didn't file the Did You Feel It? report. I figured that would only get our insurance rates increased for this area. LOL

• Good, thinking, DIANE! Not an event we expect from your area, more likely over ANNETTE's way!

Thanks to everyone for posts, sorry I am not doing my bit to keep in touch.
  • No worries, OG - as long as you're both OK!!
  • The sky went very black just after lunch, so I got my knickers off the line quickly! But no rain for my garden (yet...)

My OH came home at 4.30, victorious -- he came 2nd in his Golf Day, out of about 20 participants. A bit annoyed with himself, as he was in the lead for the first 9 holes but then he had some bad luck.
  • Sunny morning, washing on line. Near lunchtime, overcast, moved half of wash into garage. After lunch, it felt like rain (it didn’t), moved other half. Now mid-pm, it has been alternately sunny & threatening. . . and no rain.

Previous Aussie health advice was that under-50s should have Pfizer vaccine not AstraZeneca due to possible blood clots. Latest advice is that under-60s should not have AZ. Result? More doubtful people and more not getting jabbed. Aussieland has relatively few positive cases so people can afford to be complacent. 5 weeks today - I am counting down to my 2nd.

• Pain is just nature’s way of telling you not to do any more than absolutely necessary.

If you do everything you should do, and do not do anything you should not do, you will, according to the best available statistics, live exactly eighteen hours longer than you would otherwise. (Logain Clendening)

My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn’t pay the bill he gave me six months more. (Walter Matthau)

• Good Morning Everyone. Dry and bright here again -- where's the rain for my garden? We will have to get the hose out again tonight. I see you have iffy weather there, too, AQ.

Like your quotes - remind me of the one about doing without treats for years, just so you can spend an extra 18 months alive --- in a care home..... Makes me think I'll just have whatever I want!! LOL!!

My OH put back the loo in the bathroom, but he had removed the pedestal for the hand basin so that the new floor could fit well. Now it doesn't all fit together the same, so he had to move the basin down on the wall yesterday to try and get it right. Sigh. He was tired from his day out but bravely fought with it, and now we're waiting for the seal to dry around it and hopefully the end of the drama.

• Diane - Wow! I often log on to USG website and did so yesterday after your post - have you had any aftershocks?

AQ Loving the quotes still Slight smile

Can't stay long as I've got my Sister arriving - she will stay until tomorrow so we are going over to Snape Maltings this afternoon and tonight into Aldeburgh to have a meal at Sea Spice - an Indian restaurant at the White Lion hotel. It was so difficult to find space at any of the restaurants as people are booking way ahead but we got the last booking for 6pm. This is fine with me as I don't like eating late.

The last few days we have had torrential rain in Suffolk and roads have flooded. My poor garden is looking bedraggled. The forecast for today is dry but a threat of rain later.

Must go - so have a good weekend and keep the post coming.