Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 June 2021

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful summer week! 

• Good morning, all. I am delighted to announce that Helen has successfully interviewed for her first full-time job! We are all over the moon.
  • Congratulations to Helen, CLARE !
    Has L impy got his drivers license yet?
  • Limpy successfully passed a driving assessment on May 12th - the assessors said he should receive his full driving licence within 3-4 weeks. We're still waiting. It's really unfair on him - he didn't deserve to have his licence revoked in the first place and, sooner or later, he will be forced to stop driving anyway as his Parkinsons will progress. The sooner he can get back on the road the sooner he can enjoy what driving time he has left.

• Congratulations to Helen, Clare!! Just wonderful for her. Hope you can all celebrate together.

Good afternoon. We had a damp start to the day with low cloud and a small shower before breakfast, but it cleared up eventually. Had a pleasant walk and ended up where we like to call in for a coffee:

View from the edge of the lawn in previous picture:

• Went to visit a lovely couple of church friends for coffee this morning, and spent a very happy couple of hours gazing out over The Weald while trying to put the world to rights. Not sure we succeeded! But so lovely to be doing something 'normal' for once. It's very hot here today - 27 degrees at the moment, and feeling more humid. We are expecting thunder storms later in the week. Shame it always seems to follow that pattern - a few good days followed by something rather less enjoyable. That's English weather for you!

Hope everyone has a good week. Lindy, your seaside photographs look lovely. It's a long time since I've seen the sea - need to rectify that soon.
  • CLARE Good news for Helen, you must all be so pleased.
  • Clare - Meant to say congratulations to Helen, and also glad that Limpy will regain his driving licence any day now. By the law of averages, the next piece of good news should be for you - although I'm sure you feel both of those things are good for all of you.
  • Lindybird:  Lovely pix!   Those are long and steep walks down to the beach.  Wonder who lives in that little cottage?  

Clare:  Congrats to Helen!  Hope Limpy gets his license sooner than later.... Does he have plans for his first drive?

PatO:  Sounds like a lovely day.  Where is your closest view of the sea?

Weather forecast last night hinted that areas right along the coast may not get as hot as inland this week.  Some really awful temps in Utah, Montana. Phoenix (AZ) due to hit 119F this week. Is 102 where family is and daughter not a happy camper.  

• Annette - Wow ... that's seriously hot! And we think 27 degrees C (a mere 80 degrees F) is hot!! Indoors with a fan sounds like a good idea. The nearest 'sea' to where I live is Brighton, about 25 miles, but I prefer Eastbourne, which is a few miles further but a lot quieter. Nowhere makes it easy for people to get near the sea, though. Car parking is prohibitively expensive (although often free in the winter, which is good, but not helpful in June!)
  • A slightly random thought - am I the only one to smile on discovering the hymn number in Singing the Faith (the Methodist hymn book) for 'Give me the wings of faith to rise ...' is 747?