DYFI DAILY OBS & CAPTURES - JUNE to SEPTEMBER 2021

Telyn & Idris are raising 2 healthy osplets, #1 & #3, following the accidental suffocation of #2.

Update - end July

Dysynni

Ystwyth

Almost synchronised ruffle:

IMAGICAT

• I can;t see the ring number of the juvie on the nest perch but the other has just flown, alarm calling, from Monty's perch
  • 16 August

Early get-together, one missing:

As reported by MIKE on previous page:

He donated it, deheaded, to nest, the Dysynni ate a load and flew up to perch with it, leaving sib hungry:

Two "out there", only just visible:

Ystwyth got fish eventually Slight smile  He left a big part on the nest so he wasn't starving:

Then Idris with a new fish - Ystwyth went back to the nest and reclaimed the one he left there:

Everyone's OK:

Repeat scene, tho I don't know the personnel:

One chick visited nest thereafter, and when it left the cam was empty for the night.

IMAGICAT

• Dsynni on the nest shouting for all he's worth and joined now and again by his sister from Monty's perch, sitting next to mum
    (SCYLLA Ystwyth is a she)
  • MC. The personnel on the nest are Idris, Dysinni(M) and Ystwyth(F)
  • Thank you, PATILY & MIKE Hugging

It was only yesterday that I managed to put the right (I hope) names to the numbers, mighta know'd I hadn't finished revising Grin

IMAGICAT

• 17 August

Telyn got a earbashing from Ystwyth on a wet morning - Dysynni was on the nest:

Flyers from right to left, impossible to distinguish what they were, no wings seen flapping:

Telyn delivered, both chicks waiting:

Idris must have been fishing but I didn't see him with a fish - surely he didn't feel the need to bathe on this rainy day:

Dysynni about to drop the fish skin, but something else had to go first:

Two "out there" again:

Idris with headless Mullet for Ystwyth:

No zoom available, I'm assuming this is Dysynni getting supper from Telyn:

After the family had left, the corvids searched for scraps:

IMAGICAT

• Lovely captur of Idris drying his 'raggy' wings
  • 490/Dsynni tackling a fish tail when I looked in; now flown
  • 18 August

The cam went down just before 04:00.

Telyn brought the first fish - not a whopper but it got shared between the two.

Dysynni hung around, first on the low perch then on Monty's, then (I theorise) he saw sib "out there" and had a stretch in preparation for flying out to her:

I've just thrown my toys out of the pram because there was a distant event that I can't show you or consult you about because videos are forbidden.  I could advise you to try rollback but there's no timeline on Dyfi so that's made more difficult too.  As I said, I've thrown my toys out of the pram... big time.  I know I'd get flamed for ranting so I'm away to cool off on a friendlier cam.

Suffice to say they both got at least one more fish.

IMAGICAT